Cokehead is broke down in Broadview Heights.

Re: Cokehead is broke down in Broadview Heights.

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm

It's not an NYS thing, it's an age thing----no memories period! :clap: toothy
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: Ed.A On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

freetown fred wrote:It's not an NYS thing, it's an age thing----no memories period! :clap: toothy

Right on LOL!!
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Dude, are you home yet??? :notsure:
freetown fred

PostBy: cokehead On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 am

Ahhhhhh...the LUV truck and I made it home about 8AM. I might be whipped but the LUV truck is still good to go. I like PA roads but 287 in NY sucks. Fred would you get on that please!
cokehead

Stove/Furnace Make: Locke, Godin, Tarm in da works
Stove/Furnace Model: Warm Morning 617-A, 3721, 502

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:28 am

Consider it done ch. Glad you're home my friend. We'll see who of them thar Conn. people show up with that beer???? :cheers: toothy
freetown fred

PostBy: cokehead On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 am

The people at B&W Auto electric pulled my bacon out of the fire. They couldn't have been nicer or more professional. When I pulled in their yard didn't have enough juice to make my blinkers work. I'm amazed the fuel selinoid didn't shut the engine down on me. Anyway they gave Cleveland, Ohio a good name in my book.
Attachments
IMGP0239.JPG
(129.78 KiB) Viewed 32 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]38520[/nepathumb]
IMGP0243.JPG
(82.79 KiB) Viewed 58 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
John working on my altinator
[nepathumb]38521[/nepathumb]
cokehead

PostBy: cokehead On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 am

freetown fred wrote:Consider it done ch. Glad you're home my friend. We'll see who of them thar Conn. people show up with that beer???? :cheers: toothy

Just between you and me Fred, I think I'll be buying my own.
cokehead

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 pm

cokehead wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Consider it done ch. Glad you're home my friend. We'll see who of them thar Conn. people show up with that beer???? :cheers: toothy

Glad your home safe CH. I'll buy ya beer someday...maybe. :)
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: cokehead On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Ed.A wrote:
cokehead wrote:

Glad your home safe CH. I'll buy ya beer someday...maybe. :)

Don't be gettin my hopes up!
cokehead

PostBy: Uglysquirrel On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Coke, glad to see you made it, as discussed with you when the wipers gave out in minn, why did'nt you have it shipped ?

There is a cost benefits analysis called SAFETY.
Uglysquirrel

Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

PostBy: cokehead On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:Coke, glad to see you made it, as discussed with you when the wipers gave out in minn, why did'nt you have it shipped ?

There is a cost benefits analysis called SAFETY.

The wiper switch gave out in Montana. Misdiagnosed as a bad wiper motor. I didn't price shipping. I never gave it a serious thought not only because I presumed it to be expensive AND I Wanted to drive across the country. Sometimes that safety thing interferes with living. You don't grow living in a bubble. I wish I had more time but I got a taste of what is out there.

When I started this thread I didn't in my wildest dreams think I was going to be able to resolve the problem quickly. I was very lucky to find the people I did.
cokehead

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Funny what turns up when you look up them thar lil streets or on old farms--usually turns out to be some pretty rightous people. ;)
freetown fred

PostBy: cokehead On: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 am

freetown fred wrote:Funny what turns up when you look up them thar lil streets or on old farms--usually turns out to be some pretty rightous people. ;)

Truer words have never been spoken.
cokehead

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:14 pm

I feel like a complete and utter turd. I've had 0 computer/leisure time up until now. I've been away from the Board and everything else. To hell with the excuses,I wasn't here to help a Coal Brother in true need,and I apologize. Completely. I really showed you rotten hospitality from Ohio. That won't happen again,for any of you. I just found this while catching up on a long overdue visit to this place. I feel like I just served Smitty a warm drink......I apologize Cokehead,and by the way,the'Ol Boy you found to do the alternator rebuild was part of a dwindling resource that we used to be known for. I am grateful they treated you well and will call them to thank them.
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: cokehead On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I forgive you. Heck, I'll even forgive the service plaza employees that called the Ohio State Police. The policeman who paid me a visit was a good guy. I had to prove to him I wasn't a vagrant, had a plan to be on my way and could cope with the weather conditions. He even said if I need help to call the Ohio State police. I think he meant by help if I was freezing or starving they would intervene but it was left unspecified. I guess sleeping in the back of a 1982 pickup in the winter at my age is not normal behavior. :shock: Not only was I being thrifty I could sleep when I needed to and move on whenever I wanted. Made sense to me. I could (can) deal with the cold, it is certain people that where my problem.

I haven't been very active on the forum lately myself. After 9 months of being unemployed I put my nose to the grindstone, with the exception to my whirlwind trip to Washington State for my LUV :love: . Next time I breakdown in Ohio, I'll give you a call. Please PM me you phone and I will keep it in my cell, just in case. :drunk:
cokehead