First Coffee in 5 days after bout with Flu

Re: First Coffee in 5 days after bout with Flu

PostBy: KLook On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:01 pm

No shots for me, my wife had a bad reaction to one some years back. Messed her up good. Now she has to have it or lose her job.(or wear a respirator all day) I don't and I havnt had the flu in years. My son and daughter in law had it this year and got the flu, along with the 2 kids. I have been exposed to them and the kids and no flu. Not to mention a flight to Maine and the exposure in the airports.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: BillMarti On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm

SMITTY wrote:I don't trust any of it. I'll take my chances.

I'm with you Smitty :)
BillMarti

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

PostBy: SteveZee On: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 am

Well, I hate to say this cause I'll probably get it (knock, knock) but I haven't had a flu in I can't remember when and i never get flu shots. I just figured that I was such an obstinate SOB that it left me alone? I do eat onions, garlic and hot pepper almost daily (half Italian) and thought that was why it left me be, but that could be an old wives tale. I know that I have a smoking immune system and maybe that just helps me avoid it? It's no joke and I feel for those who tangle with it. Back in 1919 or 20 the Spanish flu killed more people than a World War or close to it. Since then we've made medical strides and it's never been that bad but you never know when another one will come round the bend. It's a very intelligent virus if you ask me the way it can mutate and adapt.

Kevin, I read where some nurses got fired for refusing flu shots just a couple weeks ago!
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range