If gun control worked, DC & Chicago would be safest cities..

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

• Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

If gun control worked, DC & Chicago would be safest cities..

PostBy: rockwood On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:49 pm

...but they are not.

This guy makes some very good points...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyYYgLzF6zU
rockwood

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)

Re: If gun control worked, DC & Chicago would be safest cities..

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Actually the crime rate in D.C. has come way down since the Murder Capital Days, I wouldn't say it was just a gun ban alone but more of a combination of a lot of other things all inclusive.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: plumb-r On: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Amazing that someone not raised with rights, would fight for them, once they get them. There are those that were born with rights that would gladly give them up. I wonder if the the first one knows something that the second one doesn't? :gee: Of course, the first one had to take a test to be a citizen! :doh:
plumb-r

Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Yep - lots of people take what we have for granted, and the rest are ignorant - not even knowing what they're giving up.

If gun control worked, MA would be a model state for peace. :lol: Take a stroll through Boston ... or Main South, Worcester at 2am & tell me how that's working ....
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler