Feinstein wants to ban SQUIRREL hunting rifles ...

Re: Feinstein wants to ban SQUIRREL hunting rifles ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

rberq wrote:
Richard S. wrote:The problem is as a practical matter this gun would be banned based on the way it looks.

Says who? That is an OPINION in the linked-to piece, but where other than that opinion do you find that its appearance is the issue?
The main argument here seems to be that a .22LR is less dangerous than some other cartridges. That's very true -- and a hand grenade is less dangerous than a tub of TNT, so what? Either one will take you out.

If one's position is that NO guns are to be restricted, why raise the question of comparative danger, except to confuse fuzzy thinkers?

Says all the lefty politicians. They're the ones falling all over each other to make the point that an AR style rifle was used at Sandy Hook, "spraying innocent children".

Would it have made the left happy to see kids sprayed with .22 shorts? Point being, an "assault" weapon in an of itself as described is a JOKE. The ban is a left wing fantasy, right along the lines of purple unicorns. There is NO SUCH THING as an "assault" weapon, so why ban it? Their argument is as ridiculous as an environmental campaign on saving purple unicorns would be. About as effective too .... :roll:
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: rberq On: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm

SMITTY wrote:Would it have made the left happy to see kids sprayed with .22 shorts?

Gosh, I don't think so, but you never know with those lefty pinko commies. Would it have made "the right" happy? :|
rberq

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Just using their rhetoric ....
SMITTY

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Squirrels are the DEVIL around here! :mad: ... "from my cold dead hands will they take my squirrel pellets"

Lets not forget the memory's of my beautiful cedar shed last year people... :(

squirrels on steriods.jpg
(88.67 KiB) Viewed 4 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]40333[/nepathumb]
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Tree rats. :lol:

Most people in this state worship the damn things. Saw a carload of hippie teenagers having a funeral for one on the side of the road, after it got flattened by a fully loaded 10-wheel dump. :rofl: :doh:
SMITTY

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

SMITTY wrote:Saw a carload of hippie teenagers having a funeral for one on the side of the road, after it got flattened by a fully loaded 10-wheel dump.

They thought they were nature lovers, but don't they know they were depriving the crows of dinner? :o
rberq

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 am

rberq wrote:Says who? That is an OPINION in the linked-to piece, but where other than that opinion do you find that its appearance is the issue?

If I take another short barreled .22 and stick a 50 round mag on it what is the difference?
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Richard S. wrote:
rberq wrote:Says who? That is an OPINION in the linked-to piece, but where other than that opinion do you find that its appearance is the issue?

If I take another short barreled .22 and stick a 50 round mag on it what is the difference?

No difference, you're right.
One important thing I've learned from this whole thread, is to call it a magazine and not a clip. :P
rberq