Nor'easter

Re: Nor'easter

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 am

Hell, like always, for thems of us that are prepared for whatever comes down the pike no matter what or when, we'll be just fine. Comfy, warm & eating like kings & queens. For thems that's not---dumb ass's :clap: toothy
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: 009to090 On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am

It will hit us fisrt on Thursday evening. We are supposed to get 2 INCHES of Rain! :mad:
009to090

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am

SteveZee wrote:
It's gonna be Mike. Looks like a bangah coming our way now. Two feet for me on the coast heah. Ayup. Fill up the jugs, batten down the hatches and ride her out. I just watched a documentary about the Greeley expedition to the arctic last night. I think we'll be ok. ;)

Hang on SZ, feed the stove and stay warm....keep us posted, don't make me come down there! :lol:
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly coat rack
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: CapeCoaler On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 am

Windy and some snow...
Should get to hurricane force here by the water...
Down in a hole so it blows over top of this shack...
But wind direction may push the water way up this time...
Saturday will tell...
got the genny's ready along with the oxy... :o
no shovelin' for this boy till next week...
CapeCoaler

Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 am

sterling40man wrote:Probably 3" for this area. Too bad...........the trails could really use it right now.

Bob,

I have all of my outdoor fans blowing your way. Maybe it will push the storm farther inland for you and the Greenville area. Friend of mine was supposed to take a bunch of guys riding this week around Moosehead. They had to go ice fishing instead due to no snow...... :mad:

Rick
Rick 386

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

PostBy: sterling40man On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Rick 386 wrote:Bob,

I have all of my outdoor fans blowing your way. Maybe it will push the storm farther inland for you and the Greenville area. Friend of mine was supposed to take a bunch of guys riding this week around Moosehead. They had to go ice fishing instead due to no snow......

Keep them fans on high Rick..................we could use a couple of feet! They already took most of the signs down on the trails. :(
sterling40man

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

PostBy: SteveZee On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 pm

sterling40man wrote:
Rick 386 wrote:Bob,

I have all of my outdoor fans blowing your way. Maybe it will push the storm farther inland for you and the Greenville area. Friend of mine was supposed to take a bunch of guys riding this week around Moosehead. They had to go ice fishing instead due to no snow......

Keep them fans on high Rick..................we could use a couple of feet! They already took most of the signs down on the trails. :(

yep more ATV's on the trials than sno-go's at the moment!
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

PostBy: NWBuilder On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 pm

They are calling for 30"+ in my area, which means the + for us as we get more then the surrounding towns all the time. Our little town doesn't get mentioned on the news but we always set records for snow fall. Good luck finding a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk today!!! With twin girls I keep 6 gallons in the basement at all times!! Everything is gassed up, plenty of coal and stew is cooking, let the snow fly!!
NWBuilder

Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm

BRING IT! :punk:
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 pm

yep weathers still weathering.... guess i will test run gennie tomorrow after work, get another 5 gals gas, run chainsaw a little to be sure its good to cut any tress which might drop n block dead end lane i live on, and fill all coal buckets for boiler... get a few bags of popcorn, then watch erie glow off snow clouds of gas well burning in back 4o over knoll to break the boredom. Good to go.
wilder11354

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

PostBy: Rob R. On: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 am

It is snowing pretty good, about 3" of POWDER so far. It is only 5 degrees outside, no wonder the snow is so fluffy...it will be a white-out when the wind picks up.
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: Freddy On: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 am

I hope everyone is prepared & stays safe during this bad boy storm. It's looking like we will have a "normal big snow", but certainly the wind will factor into it. Oddly, northern Maine won't get much at all....and the snowmobile trails need it.
Freddy

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

PostBy: sterling40man On: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am

Freddy wrote:Oddly, northern Maine won't get much at all....and the snowmobile trails need it.

Weatherman said 1"-2" here. :( Hunker down my coal bretherin! Southern New England will get pounded!
sterling40man

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

PostBy: SteveZee On: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 am

sterling40man wrote:
Freddy wrote:Oddly, northern Maine won't get much at all....and the snowmobile trails need it.

Weatherman said 1"-2" here. :( Hunker down my coal bretherin! Southern New England will get pounded!

You can have some of mine Bob! Talking 24" and up on the coast here. :)
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

PostBy: 009to090 On: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 am

The storm just left us. It rained all night and is heading North. Dumped 2" of rain on us. Glad it wasn't snow.
009to090

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice