8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 am

Does any of you kind folks know of an online seller of the mentioned adapter? Thanks a lot in advance.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: CoaLen On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 am

Can't spend much time on this right now, but here's where I look for prefab sheetmetal. We've got a dealer nearby that sells their products.

http://www.graymetal.com/catalog/Gray%2 ... 7_2012.pdf
CoaLen
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rigar On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 am

CoaLen wrote:Can't spend much time on this right now, but here's where I look for prefab sheetmetal. We've got a dealer nearby that sells their products.

http://www.graymetal.com/catalog/Gray%2 ... 7_2012.pdf


....good call Coalen
..chances are if Greymetal doesnt have it...youll have to make your own

...youre looking for a 12 inch TAKEOFF....or STARTING COLLAR
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace


Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rigar On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am

Joeski...

FYI....
a 8x16 duct can adequately handle roughly 900fm...
a 12 inch round can barely handle 500 cfm...
.. just throwing this out there... as I do not know if this is even important to your installation or not.

.....happy ducting! :D
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

CoaLen wrote:Can't spend much time on this right now, but here's where I look for prefab sheetmetal. We've got a dealer nearby that sells their products.

http://www.graymetal.com/catalog/Gray%2 ... 7_2012.pdf

Thank you CoalLen.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Rigar wrote:Joeski...

FYI....
a 8x16 duct can adequately handle roughly 900fm...
a 12 inch round can barely handle 500 cfm...
.. just throwing this out there... as I do not know if this is even important to your installation or not.

.....happy ducting! :D

What happens if I try pushing 900 cfm through the 12 inch round duct. I have a garage and bar room off to the side of my house and the heat & AC can never get over to there. It's the farthest from the coal & oil forced air furnace and the AC. I wanted to add a duct booster fan to get those areas warm & cool when needed. Last night it got to be about 31*F in the garage and that's attached to the house with that bar room above the garage.

Thanks a lot.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rigar On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Essentially...you ll only get the 500 cfm...or a little more
boosted will help

...but if the 12inch is at the END of the 8x16 run...chances are thats its not at full capacity any ways...and youll be fine
... the CFM ratings are typically a "max"..at best ideal
.and you need to consider any circuits BEFORE the 12 inch take off

...what is getting air to that space now?
Size wise(duct)
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Rigar wrote:Essentially...you ll only get the 500 cfm...or a little more
boosted will help

...but if the 12inch is at the END of the 8x16 run...chances are thats its not at full capacity any ways...and youll be fine
... the CFM ratings are typically a "max"..at best ideal
.and you need to consider any circuits BEFORE the 12 inch take off

...what is getting air to that space now?It looks like 6 or 8 inch flex duct. I will look very closely this weekend
Size wise(duct)
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rigar On: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Does that area have return air ducts as well??
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Rigar wrote:Does that area have return air ducts as well??

Yes it does. I need a ladder to measure the exact size but I do know it is at least as big as the 3 registers that are in that room. Thank you for your help.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rigar On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Joeski wrote:
Rigar wrote:Does that area have return air ducts as well??

Yes it does. I need a ladder to measure the exact size but I do know it is at least as big as the 3 registers that are in that room. Thank you for your help.


....if feasible...make sure they can match the capacity of your new heat supply ducts flow rate

...happy ducting !
Rigar
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Joeski wrote:Does any of you kind folks know of an online seller of the mentioned adapter? Thanks a lot in advance.



Joeski,

Right down the road from you is Trape sheet metal. They can probably fab anything you need. Come off Ridge at the bttom of the hill onto Linfield- Trappe. I think they're the 2nd on the right.



Rick
Rick 386
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Re: 8" X 16" to 12 round adapter for HVAC

PostBy: Joeski On: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

Rick 386 wrote:
Joeski wrote:Does any of you kind folks know of an online seller of the mentioned adapter? Thanks a lot in advance.



Joeski,

Right down the road from you is Trape sheet metal. They can probably fab anything you need. Come off Ridge at the bttom of the hill onto Linfield- Trappe. I think they're the 2nd on the right.



Rick

WOW, thank you Rick 386!!! I haven't had any luck with this so far. I can't ever find things using Google or Yahoo especially when I really really need something made locally.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna