Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: snuffy On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am

I started thinking about the Myan calendar which ended about December 20(+-1), 2012 as related to the Asteroid 2012 DA14.

The calendar is about 7,000 years old or about 2,555,000 days old. Using a 365 day year, the Myan calendar ends about 55 days before Asteroid 2012 DA14. The margin of prediction error would be about 2.348336594911940E-05. Not to shabby if this was their prediction to the end of the world. More worrisome is that maybe the doom is later then Dec 20, 2012 so anytime after that date doesn't matter anymore.

Oh well, back to my Valentine!

Have a great day all!!
snuffy
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 pm

snuffy wrote:I started thinking about the Myan calendar which ended about December 20(+-1), 2012 as related to the Asteroid 2012 DA14.

The calendar is about 7,000 years old or about 2,555,000 days old. Using a 365 day year, the Myan calendar ends about 55 days before Asteroid 2012 DA14. The margin of prediction error would be about 2.348336594911940E-05. Not to shabby if this was their prediction to the end of the world. More worrisome is that maybe the doom is later then Dec 20, 2012 so anytime after that date doesn't matter anymore.

Oh well, back to my Valentine!

Have a great day all!!



Would that mean I would not have to pay my taxes this year? :P
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Sorry Flyer, but nothing stops the wheels of non-progression. You still must pay your taxes even if the planet is wiped out in an asteroid collision.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator


Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:Sorry Flyer, but nothing stops the wheels of non-progression. You still must pay your taxes even if the planet is wiped out in an asteroid collision.



Damn! :mad:
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: sterling40man On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Flyer5 wrote:Would that mean I would not have to pay my taxes this year?


Sorry..............millions of people on welfare depend on us. :mad:
sterling40man
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: snuffy On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I guess that many a dead deer would agree "it's the shot you don't see coming that'll do you in."

By the way, what's the Universe got against Russia? :o
snuffy
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Re: Myan Calendar predicted 2012 DA14?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

snuffy wrote:I guess that many a dead deer would agree "it's the shot you don't see coming that'll do you in."

By the way, what's the Universe got against Russia? :o



Big Target?
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer