We are Watching You...

We are Watching You...

PostBy: rockwood On: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

ARGUS-IS
"The mission of the Autonomous Real-time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance - Imaging System (ARGUS-IS) program is to provide military users a flexible and responsive capability to find, track and monitor events and activities of interest on a continuous basis in areas of interest. The overall objective is to increase situational awareness and understanding enabling an ability to find and fix critical events in a large area in enough time to influence events. ARGUS - IS provides military users an "eyes-on" persistent wide area surveillance capability to support tactical users in a dynamic battlespace or urban environment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13BahrdkMU8

If this was on PBS, you can bet the latest 'classified' stuff is much more advanced :shock:

Funny how the sample image was of Virginia....they'll never use this technology to spy on 'us' :roll:
rockwood

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)

Re: We are Watching You...

PostBy: dcrane On: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

some scary stuff... im sure someday the entire country will be covered 24/7 by these and the data stored forever to enable retrieval at any time. (example: look back at who a bank robber was, who raped that girl in the park, who caused that car accident, etc.etc.etc.) We are on the doorstep of the future and it scary as hell :shock:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: rubicondave33 On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:59 am

Anyone read Nineteen Eighty-Four? :shock:
rubicondave33

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

PostBy: Ed.A On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 am

rubicondave33 wrote:Anyone read Nineteen Eighty-Four? :shock:

Yep every year, just to remind myself that it wasn't deja vu' that I experience.
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: DieselBob On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Smile... your on candid camera. :bag:
DieselBob

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm

I had lunch with a friend from Lynchburg today. That's as country as rural VA gets. She is on the architectural committee of her homeowners association and was curious as to just what you can see on an internet satellite picture so she pulled up her house. Poof - there was her husband standing in the front yard watering the plants. He was clearly recognizable. She could see a lot of detail - the water run off gully, the bee hive, raised flower beds, etc... Scary, huh?
lowfog01

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Hell,

I for one am lookin forward to it .I intend on goin out every am. and showin the gubement my best side. That will test their resolve :D :P

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:Hell,

I for one am lookin forward to it .I intend on goin out every am. and showin the gubement my best side. That will test their resolve :D :P

Waldo

It would be fun if we knew exactly when google earth was updating again. Just think how funny a nationwide mooning would be. :D
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer