Brands of hand fired boilers

Brands of hand fired boilers

PostBy: pine grove coal user On: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Beside Harman SF-260, what other manufacturers make a mid size, hand fired boiler. I need about 100,000 btu's.
pine grove coal user

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: H. S. Tarm, model 202, 1983
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Reading 'bucket a day' stove in storage, waiting for attention
Coal Size/Type: Pea and nut mix
Other Heating: New Yorker oil burner which almost never runs, thanks to the Tarm!

Re: Brands of hand fired boilers

PostBy: Rob R. On: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

EFM, WCB-24.
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 pm

logwood boiler made in Richford, NY. Two sizes, I had the three foot long firebox x 18" wide and a shaker gr8 on the whole thing . I filled in half of the bottom with fire brick in an angle iron cage to reduce the size. The thing burned great but was just to big. I used to place one piece of hardwood in the center an pile coal on both sides , the wood kept air in the middle and I rarely had any trouble. But ......it wasnt a stoker and i could never go back. I think the large unit is around 5k and could easily put out 200k btu. smaller one around 4k and 125k btu. extremely well built.

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

Visit Hitzer Stoves

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

My neighbor uses a Tarm, not sure of the model #, nice size though approx. 4 ft. high 2 ft wide and 3 and a half deep it is 30 years old and looks 5!
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly coat rack
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: Dennis On: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Dennis

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Visit Hitzer Stoves