New 110 blower setup.

Re: New 110 blower setup.

PostBy: plumber On: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Don, what are you using to measure draft, the 460 that came with the boiler?

I have two Dwyer 25 manometers. One in the flue before the baro, and one over the fire.

I drilled and tapped a 1/8 male x compression adapter into the smoke pipe and installed a NPT locknut, then ran 1/8" OD copper tube almost to the manometer then adapted the hose using a 1/8" compression x insert. I did the same on the bottom by drilling and tapping the inspection cover. A locknut isn't nessassary here because there's enough metal to keep things put.
plumber

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Re: New 110 blower setup.

PostBy: stoker_RI On: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm

plumber wrote:Don, what are you using to measure draft, the 460 that came with the boiler?

I have two Dwyer 25 manometers. One in the flue before the baro, and one over the fire.

I drilled and tapped a 1/8 male x compression adapter into the smoke pipe and installed a NPT locknut, then ran 1/8" OD copper tube almost to the manometer then adapted the hose using a 1/8" compression x insert. I did the same on the bottom by drilling and tapping the inspection cover. A locknut isn't nessassary here because there's enough metal to keep things put.

I have the exact same set up as you in the flue pipe with a Dwyer 25...in the base I have the 460....I drilled a hole in the top corner of the base and put the probe there...I also recently put the probe thru the hole in the view port door and the reading was the same..

I'm running closer to .02 base, .04-.05 up top now
stoker_RI

Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: WL 110 Boiler

Visit Leisure Line Stove