PostBy: franco b On: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:15 pm

It printed only part of the gun.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: I need a new printer

PostBy: 009to090 On: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 am

The "Lower" IS the gun. It is the part that is Serial Numbered. All other parts can be bought as assessories or add-ons.
009to090

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 am

Now some idiot NY pol wants to ban 3D printing, this should be a riot. I like a good show and I have my popcorn and coke and I'm watching... gov idiot move ... Now that as this technology is about to go mainstream and has many applications? As I understand it the AR-15 has evolved into an open, modular gun platform that’s infinitely hackable and accessorizable. With only a few simple tools and no gunsmithing expertise, an AR-15 can be heavily modified, or even assembled from scratch, from widely available parts to suit the fancy and fantasy of each individual user. If the DHS needs 1.4bn bullets, I for one want every able bodied citizen to get one and I don't even own a gun. I trust the govt far less than the occasional crackpot. Oh, you are worried about the $2000 printer cost. Anybody got 2 grand and a garage and want start a nice little business just like we used to have backyard iron foundries.

Give it up Obummer, yet another c rappy idea from the left - yawn. You want to restrict guns? The way you are going we are headed for another 100 million AR-15s in the country. Can't get bullets now? The factories will just get bigger to satisy demand. You want to tax bullets? Ever heard of prohibition. Gonna be a riot - I need more butter on the popcorn. This is going to be like picking up jello. Oh yeah, Canada tried that one too, we never learn.:D :D :D
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

PostBy: dcrane On: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 am

i need one of these printers.... imagine the money's that could be made printing gimmicky look alike items or ideas we have not even thought of yet :shock: we no longer have to go to a plastic's manufacturer in China to make stupid things like this and sell for $29.95 :P everyone can manufacture whatever they wish right in their own living room! hahahaha
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: Freddy On: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Have they outlawed lathes & milling machines?

While we are here....to the best of my knowledge, 3D printers come in two basic types. One uses plastic & squirts it out like a controlled hot glue gun. You do not make guns with this type. The other uses cyanoacrylate glues and different types of powder. This type is accurate & fairly strong. I do not know, but I doubt the barrel of a gun can be made from this. If you have a steel barrel, then this can probably be used for the rest of the gun.

Prices: Hot glue type, $3,000ish. Cyanoacrylate type start in the 20 grand range, and the liquid is $800 a gallon. I do not know how much the powder is.
Freddy

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Cyanacylate resin will come down and compromise formulations will be invented, $20,000 will come down but my rules still apply, lathes can't make these shapes and these technologies will come even to Maine. I mean this year IBM are releasing the Selectric typewriters into the Maine marketplace so in 1000 years 3D printing will come there too. You wait until those flyback transformers get going.
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22