The Turnpike Slush Fund

Re: The Turnpike Slush Fund

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm

samhill wrote:So Rick, are you saying it's OK since it has long become a way of doing business in the state or that it's a good thing that someone is finally trying to do something about it? ..........................

HELL NO !!!! It's about time something was finally done. :clap: I'm thinking these "boys" had better start cleaning up their act........

From the article it looks like they have 8 years to make sure that they are clean or face the wrath.

My industry has a lobbyist that sometimes takes some of our members to the Capitol to discuss things we question the insurance industry is doing to consumers. As our lobbyist leaves the insurance commissioner's office, the insurance industry lobbyist is entering the other door. It appears that there is no justice any more. However Kane appears to possibly be doing something about this widespread corruption. I also realize that most of the investigations were started under Corbett but why wasn't anything brought forth while he was AG ????

Rick
Rick 386

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Re: The Turnpike Slush Fund

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 am

Rick 386 wrote:
samhill wrote:So Rick, are you saying it's OK since it has long become a way of doing business in the state or that it's a good thing that someone is finally trying to do something about it? ..........................

HELL NO !!!! It's about time something was finally done. :clap: I'm thinking these "boys" had better start cleaning up their act........

From the article it looks like they have 8 years to make sure that they are clean or face the wrath.

My industry has a lobbyist that sometimes takes some of our members to the Capitol to discuss things we question the insurance industry is doing to consumers. As our lobbyist leaves the insurance commissioner's office, the insurance industry lobbyist is entering the other door. It appears that there is no justice any more. However Kane appears to possibly be doing something about this widespread corruption. I also realize that most of the investigations were started under Corbett but why wasn't anything brought forth while he was AG ????

Rick

A lot of this may be coming out due to the Bob Mellow investigation. He is local scum and has done whatever to help himself. He probably ratted a few out.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer