CT going after heating oil users

CT going after heating oil users

PostBy: qbwebb On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm

http://articles.courant.com/2013-03-19/ ... ssociation

When I first learned about coal on this board I thought it was too good to be true, but the more I read here the more convinced I became. When I took the plunge myself I naturally tried to help out some friends who of course mentioned all the usual stereotypes we are all aware of and opted to do nothing or get pellet appliances instead. Now after reading this article on how main stream home heating fuel users won't be able to keep uncle Sam's greedy fingers out of their pockets I am really glad that there is such a high level of ignorance associated with coal heating. Let it stay that way for all I care, if the number of users pile up imagine the taxes that will get invented. I think I'm done telling people that bitch about being stuck with HHO there is a great alternative out there.
qbwebb

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000

Re: CT going after heating oil users

PostBy: franco b On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:41 pm

There is no problem that government can't make worse. More work for the zombies as they prey on the population.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm

These efficiency programs make sense to some degree. A couple of tubes of caulk and whatever is better than giving them money each year to heat the outside through LIHEAP. The problem is I can never take advantage of a program like this, I'm not going to let some pimply faced just out of HS kid loose in my house with a caulking gun.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm

It could get worse and may yet. In Germany I've heard the government inspects your heating system and if it isn't up to mandated efficiency, you must replace it.
coalkirk

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:58 pm

coalkirk wrote:It could get worse and may yet. In Germany I've heard the government inspects your heating system and if it isn't up to mandated efficiency, you must replace it.

Germany? Hell, they do that in Jersey already. Last time I had my oil fired hot air furnace serviced it was at 71% efficiency. Which in my eyes is pretty good considering the thing is 50 years old and rusting to pieces. The service tech said, 'One more point and I'd of had to condemn your unit and that'd force you to buy a new unit.' is what he said nearly verbatim.

I'm confused by that article though, isn't one of the byproducts of natural gas; propane? If so, taxing propane would be the same as taxing natural gas right?
I'm On Fire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:I'm confused by that article though, isn't one of the byproducts of natural gas; propane? If so, taxing propane would be the same as taxing natural gas right?

As I understand it could be both but propane is by product of oil refinement and I believe that is where most of it comes from. Apparently they are already levying these fee against NG, I'd imagine through the utility.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: cabinover On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Vermont is trying to do $.11 per last I knew. And I don't care who you are, buy your own damned caulk! I'm so tired of the gov. trying to fix everything. They want to tax me to give to someone else so they can have more. It's nothing more than "let's make everyone poor" mentality.

Vermont is also about to raise the gas tax again. Why you may ask? Well it seems that with all of the folks buying vehicles that use less gas and/or just not using anymore gas than necessary the revenues are down. So to fix that....we'll need to raise the gas tax on the dumbasses (people that still punch a clock everyday) and rape them a little more.

Sorry if I took it a little off track from CT. but the ideas are the same old, same old BS.
cabinover

Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.