CT State Tax Return Debt cards

CT State Tax Return Debt cards

PostBy: qbwebb On: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

Just FYI to those of you w/ a CT state tax return, they are issuing annoying debt cards instead of just direct deposit, there is a selection somewhere on the form for direct deposit from what I read online. I entered in my bank info on turbo tax and assumed I would get direct deposit, but the default must be the debt card election. CT's annoying attempt to get people to spend their returns instead of save them, not to mention all of the BS fees associated with the card, I'm sure some state govt fat-cat got a nice chase kickback. If its too late for you, you can set up your account online and do a 1x transfer of your account to your regular checking account, but it's an added PITA, better off just checking on the form direct deposit, and don't rely on tax software to do it for you.

This made me mad enough that now I am going to make sure I am having too little with-held, its not enough I gave the state an interest free loan they have to elect me into a stupid debt card program instead of just issuing the refund. :mad:
qbwebb

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000

Re: CT State Tax Return Debt cards

PostBy: NWBuilder On: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 am

Amazing!!! What a wonderful state we live in!!! If I could pry my wife away from her family we would be out of here for sure.
NWBuilder

Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

PostBy: qbwebb On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I forgot to mention, the envelope the card comes in looks just like the credit card offers I seem to be putting into the shredder everyday, if your expecting a refund make sure you are going through your mail carefully.
qbwebb

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Well builder work harder. Upcoming, exclusive to CT - taxing heating oil. Yep only a lib state would dream up that one - geez - I thought NY was stoopid. You see it's good for you and the environment. Freezing to death? - tough.
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

PostBy: ramblerboy2 On: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 pm

I think last year that I was able to withdraw the full funds from my card (I HATE these damn cards) at a Peoples Bank ATM and then I deposited it into my credit union savings account. Very annoying, would much rather just get a check.
ramblerboy2

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac MCK 508
Other Heating: Embassy Ambassador BMS natural gas boiler

PostBy: ramblerboy2 On: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm

I meant to say that I was able to withdraw the funds from that ATM free of any fees. I had to read a lot of fine print to figure out how to get my refund without incurring fees.
ramblerboy2

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac MCK 508
Other Heating: Embassy Ambassador BMS natural gas boiler

PostBy: Ed.A On: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 am

I always have to pay in a bit. Never saw the new card :)
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:25 am

ramblerboy2 wrote:I meant to say that I was able to withdraw the funds from that ATM free of any fees. I had to read a lot of fine print to figure out how to get my refund without incurring fees.

ya cannot find out how much you have left .. its a terrible system

you know some $$$ passed hands on this ... the company is not even in CT ... no banks in CT can you walk into with it and get information or to close the acct.
davidmcbeth3

Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:32 am

qbwebb wrote:Just FYI to those of you w/ a CT state tax return, they are issuing annoying debt cards instead of just direct deposit, there is a selection somewhere on the form for direct deposit from what I read online.

They DD my refund in about 4 days after filing electronically. Did you E file or paper?
coaledsweat

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea