Piping coal boiler

Piping coal boiler

PostBy: klim1972 On: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm

I have a 110 coal boiler and right now I have to pipe boiler into my other chimney due to one that its in falling apart. Is it bad that it will be piped downhill about 6ft for right now into other chimney till other chimney is repaired .
klim1972

Stove/Furnace Make: leisure line 110 coal
Stove/Furnace Model: 110 combo

Re: Piping coal boiler

PostBy: Sting On: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:08 pm

klim1972 wrote:I have a 110 coal boiler and right now I have to pipe boiler into my other chimney due to one that its in falling apart. Is it bad .

It depends

Your mileage may vary

but - short answer = most likely not good
Sting

Other Heating: BurnHAM=NG-gas

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 pm

klim1972 wrote:I have a 110 coal boiler and right now I have to pipe boiler into my other chimney due to one that its in falling apart. Is it bad that it will be piped downhill about 6ft for right now into other chimney till other chimney is repaired .

What is the difference in height? You are probably going to use the draft inducer as well right?
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: Lightning On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 pm

I wouldn't attempt that without a manometer installed to verify you maintain a negative pressure in the flue pipe right where it exits the appliance. It might work if the chimney is high enough. The tough part might be getting the draft started if everything is cold at start up.

How much vertical distance is the drop from the outlet of the appliance to the chimney?
Lightning

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut Size / White Ash

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Bad idea.
coaledsweat

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea