Value of used S&W MP 15 sport

Value of used S&W MP 15 sport

PostBy: steamup On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Prices of used AR style rifles are stupid crazy right now.

I am thinking of unloading a Smith and Wesson MP 15 sport if the price is right. The thought of registering it brings out the feeling that outragous permit fees will be in the future. (Typical NYS proceedure.)

Anyone know what a dealer would/should pay for one?

List for a new one is $799.00 but they are all sold out and I hear that the used market is booming.

Thanks to knee jerk NYS laws, I want to have a paper trail to a out of state dealer, so a private sale is out for me.
steamup

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Re: Value of used S&W MP 15 sport

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:34 pm

steamup wrote:Prices of used AR style rifles are stupid crazy right now.

I am thinking of unloading a Smith and Wesson MP 15 sport if the price is right. The thought of registering it brings out the feeling that outragous permit fees will be in the future. (Typical NYS proceedure.)

Anyone know what a dealer would/should pay for one?

List for a new one is $799.00 but they are all sold out and I hear that the used market is booming.

Thanks to knee jerk NYS laws, I want to have a paper trail to a out of state dealer, so a private sale is out for me.

You may be a little late but you will get more than the 799 for it. Gun Broker.com is probably the best place to get top dollar. But the really high priced ones that were selling out in the first couple days are now being re-listed multiple times because they are not selling.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: steamup On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm

thanks, Just trying to load the knowledge bank before someone tries to BS me.
steamup

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:14 pm

steamup wrote:thanks, Just trying to load the knowledge bank before someone tries to BS me.

Still a great gun. You should hold onto it as long as you can. Unless you really need to get rid of it. The demand is still pretty high but the rush is slowing.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: steamup On: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
steamup wrote:thanks, Just trying to load the knowledge bank before someone tries to BS me.

Still a great gun. You should hold onto it as long as you can. Unless you really need to get rid of it. The demand is still pretty high but the rush is slowing.

Agreed, Not rushing a decision but thinking about it.
steamup

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 am

When I was selling for others I found that we were better off waiting for a good well advertised gun consignment auction. Even with their commission & my reduced commission the seller always got a higher end result than any other means. That was even true with the somewhat IMO less desired weapons as people get caught up in the bidding & there are more there than just resellers wanting to make a buck on the resell.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75