Thoughts on North East PA

Thoughts on North East PA

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Anthracite Coal: I cannot get enough of, nor can I say enough good things about it...

Punxsutawney Phil: NEEDS TO BE SHOT! :blowup:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1253756 ... Groundhog Day forecast: Punxsutawney Phil predicts early spring.
Last edited by Richard S. on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
NoSmoke

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

Re: Thoughts on North East PA

PostBy: Anthracite Ed On: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

I agree nosmoke, I am blessed to live 50 miles from the finest coal on the planet, People think i am crazy with 3 coal stoves in our house
One harman boiler is hooked up to our inground swimming pool, I call it our 17,000 gallon hot tub, able to get it up to 100 degrees
Now if this darn winter would please depart then its swim season again :dancing:
Anthracite Ed

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: UAE Classic Deep Mined
Other Heating: Electric Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark II

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:02 pm

My Dad had his indoor pool hooked up to a few boilers; first a Propane Boiler, but when he put in his Outside Wood Boiler, he sized it plenty big enough to heat his pool. The problem was, it does not take a big boiler to heat a pool because while it takes awhile for it to get warm, it does not lose that much heat in reality and so he was left with a large outside wood boiler with an appetite of wood to match. He was either putting wood in it, getting wood for it, or cutting it up to go in it. (Read 20 cords per year there)

Then the darn thing burned his house down...

The ironic part was, his indoor pool was the only thing the Fire Department could save, but it was in the way of his new house, so he had to tear it down and start over. He got a new, bigger better home out of the deal, but never did get his inside pool back, just an outside one. It is enough for the kids though.
NoSmoke

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 am

NoSmoke wrote: Punxsutawney Phil: NEEDS TO BE SHOT!

Phil has been indicted in Ohio and they are seeking the death penalty. :P
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... for-fraud/
In his indictment, the prosecutor stated, “Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that Spring would come early.” Gmoser cited a snowstorm and record low temperatures in Butler County as evidence that Phil’s was prediction was grossly inaccurate.

Due to the nature of the groundhog’s deceit, Gmoser is seeking the death penalty: “Let’s face it. Phil is already behind bars. He’s got a life sentence…There’s no sentence left for Phil.”
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: wsherrick On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:24 am

They should have asked the Ground Hog, WHERE the early Spring was going to be. He just said, "Early Spring." Next time get the details.
wsherrick

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 am

wsherrick wrote:They should have asked the Ground Hog, WHERE the early Spring was going to be. He just said, "Early Spring." Next time get the details.

Right!! :doh:
anthony7812

Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

PostBy: steamup On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Punxsutawney Phil, the King of the Groundhogs was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after predicting an early spring.

phil-commits-suicide.jpg
(68.73 KiB) Viewed 15 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]41325[/nepathumb]
steamup

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

PostBy: tsb On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are !
tsb

Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

PostBy: AA130FIREMAN On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Woul
NoSmoke wrote:Punxsutawney Phil: NEEDS TO BE SHOT! :blowup:
If death was threatened to the daily weather man (or person) no one would ever report, how would we know what to wear. So phil made a mistake, aren't we all human ? He's not so give him a break, sleeping underground all winter his eyes might of not adjusted to the light, or possably all the flash lights pointed on him. If anyone thinks they can do better, try digging your own burrow, sleep all winter just to have a bunch of drunks push you out of your hole, and ask you when spring is comming. Now who is the April fool :P
AA130FIREMAN

Stove/Furnace Make: axeman anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: 130 anthratube

PostBy: Lightning On: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:01 pm

I don't think a ground hog that just wandered out of his den has a clue. I don't either when I get up in the morning :lol:
Lightning

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Size Mix

PostBy: stovepipemike On: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

Hey there,go easy on the rodent,afterall he is operating with good intentions and only has an I.Q. of 4. Mostly by the time he eats.poops,digs a bit and makes future weathermenhogs,his acumen is all used up. Mike
stovepipemike

Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KAA-2