If you read oilprice.com you will get world class analysts who spend all day trying to work out the peak oil theory from the we got plenty disagreeing. So I guess non one really knows. Only a stupid President would actively kill a source of 50% of our energy we need ALL energy sources. Common sense tells me that cheap energy defines growth.
There are always govt idiots trying to invent reasons for being alive. Take the latest sulfur reductions in gasoline.
The EPA cited the following justification for the tighter standards:
The new standards would annually prevent:
• Between 820 and 2,400 premature deaths
• 3,200 hospital admissions and asthma-related emergency room visits
• 22,000 asthma exacerbations
• 23,000 upper and lower respiratory symptoms in children
• 1.8 million lost school days, work days and minor-restricted activitieshttp://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/ ... iners.html
I do know epidemiology and there is no way any study they can dream up statistically qualifies that c rap. All I suspect is higher costs for energy than we need to pay.