It may to turn out to be rathet difficult to burn coal.

Re: It may to turn out to be rathet difficult to burn coal.

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:58 pm

DITTO on that bb ;)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: beemerboy On: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Over the last week or two I've been retaining fluids around my belly again. My weight has gone up about ten pounds since the middle of February. Boy, this is so uncomfortable! I feel like crap. No eating, no walking, no sleeping and no breathing. Well, since I had an appointment in Boston already. I waited until today to see the doctor.

I now have a new pill to take - one a day for three day to see how it works. This pill is supposed to "turbo charge" the diuretic I'm taking. If this doesn't work then I will have to go back to Boston to stay in the hospital for another week. I should find out Monday afternoon the results of this new pill. Let's hope I "pee like a racehorse". Then I'll have to start taking a potassium pill. If it's not one thing it's another.

This now makes 22 pills a day I take. Who needs food with all that! Kinda sounds like my health is going down hill a little quicker than I had hoped.

Who Knows...
beemerboy

Stove/Furnace Make: SAEY
Stove/Furnace Model: Hannover 1

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:27 pm

It's all God stuff bb, just keep the faith my friend. You've been in my daily words.
freetown fred

PostBy: newbie in ny On: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Hope those new pills work bb, it must be very uncomfortable. Hang in there!
newbie in ny

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 160
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite

PostBy: beemerboy On: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, today I went to Tufts for the transplant team. When I got there, the coordinator said I didn't look like me. So she called in another doctor. Good news/bad news: good - I didn't have to stay today. Bad - next week I go to Beth Israel for another heart cath and - lucky me - an extended stay with an IV in my neck. How long will I be there? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not sick enough to be bumped up on the list, but I still feel like poo.
beemerboy

PostBy: dcrane On: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:23 pm

beemerboy wrote:Well, today I went to Tufts for the transplant team. When I got there, the coordinator said I didn't look like me. So she called in another doctor. Good news/bad news: good - I didn't have to stay today. Bad - next week I go to Beth Israel for another heart cath and - lucky me - an extended stay with an IV in my neck. How long will I be there? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not sick enough to be bumped up on the list, but I still feel like poo.

hang in their bro... fight the fight with all your might! You have a lot of prayers and they will get you feeling better once you get out.
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: beemerboy On: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Well. here I am.

In BIDMC for another week of getting "squeezed out". The fluids had building for a week or so and finally became too uncomfortable to take. I called Doc. and he had me "come in right away". This makes the third time this year. Probably won't be the last either.

Got here Wednesday after noon. probably will be here for a week. So far since I was put on an IV I've gotten rid a little over 2 liters.

My first night here was horrible. My roommate, poor man, has dementia and the nurses and doctors had a miserable time trying to keep him in bed. Every time he tried to get up, an ear splitting alarm went off. They ended up putting him in "soft restraints" and have a PCT sit over him trying to keep him calm. Then about every five minutes he would shout "HELP". I didn't get a wink of sleep ALL night.

Finally about 9am he was moved out. Every time I tried to take a nap a nurse or an aid would come in, wake me up and ask if I needed anything. After a while, I almost swore and say ya some goddam sleep. I held my tongue though and smiled "no thanks, I'm all set". The nicer you are to the nurses the nicer they are to you and you can get the little perks.

Last night except the three or four times that I had to use my "thunder jug". I slept good. Two nights with no sleep may have helped.

Glad I have my laptop, "free" WiFi and a good cell signal.
beemerboy

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanx for the update my friend. Be well :)
freetown fred

PostBy: dcrane On: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

another tune up for beamerboy :punk: Hope you got some hot nurses up their in BID (I remember the beast my dad got once :taz: ... we all ran whenever she came around and left poor dad to fend for himself).
any updates on the transplant list???

BTW, Im a regular customer of the sugar shack that got their syrup from your tree's bro! They just shipped me out a Jug :dancing:

Hang in their and if you cant sleep tell em' to give you some good pills! your in our thoughts... :bighug:
dcrane

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 pm

BB,

Thunderjug? If it were me they'd call it a trickle jar :lol: Anyhoo, hope your stay is short. You gotta hustle up cause there is way to much coal to burn without ya! Were pullin for ya mister :yes:

Jeff
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

Re: It may to turn out to be rather difficult to burn coal.

PostBy: beemerboy On: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:19 am

dcrane wrote:another tune up for beamerboy :punk: Hope you got some hot nurses up their in BID (I remember the beast my dad got once :taz: ... we all ran whenever she came around and left poor dad to fend for himself).
any updates on the transplant list???

BTW, I'm a regular customer of the sugar shack that got their syrup from your tree's bro! They just shipped me out a Jug :dancing:

Hang in there and if you cant sleep tell em' to give you some good pills! your in our thoughts... :bighug:
I'm lucky. In the heart failure unit I get all of the pretty nurses. Almost makes it worth staying here...

Better than CCU where you get a bed bath from Pedro :sick: !

So far I been putting out two to three times what I've been drinking which is pretty good progress. The thing is keeping it off. Too much diuretics and my kidneys get more damaged and not enough and the fluids build up and I end up here. Its a constant struggle.

Six months on the list and still waiting.

Put some of that syrup on a pancake for me. Good stuff.
beemerboy

PostBy: beemerboy On: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:05 pm

I called my mom this am to see how she is doing. Mom told me that a friend came over and moved all of my ashes out to Mt. Ashmor out back of my garage and brought the rest of my coal into my inside bin. Probably about a half ton. Now in my inside bin I have about 2.5 tons. Should be enough to carry me through the winter. If I run out I can pick up a few bags if needed.

You should see the nurses aid I have today. Early twenties but looks like sixteen. Could probably get a rise out of a zombie. Too bad I'm old enough to be her (grand)father
beemerboy

PostBy: dcrane On: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

beemerboy wrote:I called my mom this am to see how she is doing. Mom told me that a friend came over and moved all of my ashes out to Mt. Ashmor out back of my garage and brought the rest of my coal into my inside bin. Probably about a half ton. Now in my inside bin I have about 2.5 tons. Should be enough to carry me through the winter. If I run out I can pick up a few bags if needed.

You should see the nurses aid I have today. Early twenties but looks like sixteen. Could probably get a rise out of a zombie. Too bad I'm old enough to be her (grand)father

glad to hear folks are helping out, I have a baffle for mom's stove too (just haven't got out that way yet) but ill leave it on her side step when I do.
enjoy those nurses while ya can!
dcrane

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:55 pm

BB,

old, schmold. The way I see it is there are only two ages, this side of the grass and the other :punk: And since your still on this side ,try the Heffner maneuver on her.( whatever it is he does,damned if I know ,but it obviously works for him :shock: ) Any way ,if you do get lucky ,remember we all like pics.... :P

Glad to here ya got your coal in so at least you wont be cold. Keep pluggin man.

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: beemerboy On: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm

I turned 29x2+1 a week and a half ago, so I'm not a spring chicken anymore. More like an old rooster whose beak isn't sharp any more.

Maybe going home today if the doc gives his ok. Thing is getting a ride home. suppose I could hitchhike. Actually, one of my cousins will come to get me if I can get a hold of her.

Damn this fluid restriction. I can get coffee but I can't jello at the same time.

I was kidding with my night nurse last night and said "boy I would love a chocolate milkshake about now". About an hour later when she came in with my pills, she had taken a cup of chocolate ice cream added milk and ice and made me a milkshake to go with my meds! Nice surprise. It pays to be nice to the nurses.
beemerboy