Proof that NY is bottom

Proof that NY is bottom

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm

I defy any of you upstart state pretenders to the crown of the worst state in the union to match this from this twit. "Boston was caused by climate change" so come on, do I hear a potential contender....... I thought not!

http://politicker.com/2013/04/governor- ... ew-normal/
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 110K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, Jotul 507
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross Invader 2
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: Proof that NY is bottom

PostBy: Pacowy On: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm

To be fair, it sounds like he picked an awkward way to say this type of event is something that may happen more than we're used to. It's not a nice message but I'm afraid it might be true.

As far as NY being the worst, I'll confess I've never been a big fan of NY, but that all changed this week. The support and compassion extended by New Yorkers to MA this week has been awesome, with one of the highlights for me being the attempts by Yankees fans to sing "Sweet Caroline" at Yankee Stadium. It's no secret that we all have differences - be it in sports, politics or whatever - but it's very reassuring to be reminded of our common humanity. Thanks to NY for taking the lead on that.

Mike
Pacowy

Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

PostBy: tsb On: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:38 pm

The comments are better than the article.
tsb

Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

PostBy: chester On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 am

This Idiot cuomo is at least crazy at worse a megalomaniac.His rant about gun control before his "law" was snuck in looked so much like hitler ranting about the Jews ,I had to look twice. He wants all gun owners to be checked for mental impairment,I believe he would not get through the first stage. He has some serious issues! :rambo2:
chester

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 am

His rant about gun control before his "law" was snuck in looked so much like hitler ranting about the Jews ,I had to look twice.

Chester, you should post more often, an insightful analogy.
coalnewbie

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Pacowy, nobody has EVER had an issue with the PEOPLE of NY - It's the self-righteous overbearing nanny-state totalitarian government we all take issue with. MA included!
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:03 pm

I personally love the state of NY. It is beautiful. The people of NY are a great bunch. Very resilient to all kinds of disasters. But I have to say your laws and government suck worse that anyplace I have encountered. At least most of the police ( state and local ) I have run into have been very professional and courteous. Probably some of the best I have met. Even in LI and the city.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: Pacowy On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 pm

SMITTY wrote:Pacowy, nobody has EVER had an issue with the PEOPLE of NY - It's the self-righteous overbearing nanny-state totalitarian government we all take issue with. MA included!

I'll confess that my early impressions were formed in visits to the old Yankee Stadium (as a Red Sox fan) and to Chinatown, where the stylish street gangs accessorized with wide leather wristbands heavily studded with (outward-facing) roofing nails. Not real hospitable.

Over time I have come to know and appreciate the friendship of many New Yorkers, so I already had largely changed my opinion. Seeing those Yankee fans this week pretty much completed the process.

But speaking of process, aren't the nice people in these states basically getting the govt they vote for? I never worried much about the "self-righteous overbearing nanny-state totalitarian government" in NY because I've never lived there. In MA I'd agree we need a lot more sunshine on the legislature, but unfortunately "none of the above" is not an option at the polls.

Mike
Pacowy

Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:37 am

Business is plummeting in NYS. A fortune is being spent with Madison Avenue with TV ads to try to turn that around with no success. Once a business leaves it does not come back. Many upper NYS cities have become ghost towns. People who vote for a living outnumber those that work for a living and they are joined by stoopid psuedo - intellectuals, who could not run a lemonade stand. The superiority complex is overwhelming. As Lenin said " Give me a childs mind for 4 years and I have it for life". Wall St can only prop up so much. Well, we have run out of other peoples money.
coalnewbie

PostBy: KLook On: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 am

People who vote for a living outnumber those that work for a living and they are joined by stoopid psuedo - intellectuals, who could not run a lemonade stand. The superiority complex is overwhelming.

And that is number 2 in the reasons I give for leaving Maine. Number 1 is weather. The coastal regions are loaded with both of them. Bangor and Ellsworth are booming and people think the whole world is good. Bangor because N. Maine is drying up disappearing, and Ellsworth because of Acadia National Park and its tourist money.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000