Could the stone blocks of the Great Pyramids have been cast?

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

• Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Re: Could the stone blocks of the Great Pyramids have been cast?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 am

They were not using modern concrete. Everything we know about concrete based upon our experience needs to be forgotten in this case.
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 am

OK, then maybe they used huge hydraulic presses to create heat & bond dry mix together, that might work. :lol:
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:56 am

samhill wrote:OK, then maybe they used huge hydraulic presses to create heat & bond dry mix together, that might work. :lol:

Did you read the article and watch the video? Very little effort is required, and the blocks that are cast are effectively identical to natural sandstone in the end. I also found it interesting that in centuries of excavation not a single chisel has been discovered. That was the bronze age, and bronze lasts a lot longer than iron.
lsayre

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:04 am

Then there is the middle position which states that some blocks were cast and some were natural:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 122918.htm
lsayre

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 am

I read it Isayre, just poking a bit of fun there in the last reply, but it IMO raises more questions than answers. Even the articles tend to disprove some thoughts as to how they got the other non-cast blocks & beams. The raw materials are known now & can be found in a lot of places but is one of those places in the known world at that time & how would they have been mined & transported & once again what kind of form would be needed? As for tools, any craftsman I know would never leave a tool behind & they probably would not have been permitted to leave any trace of anything around what was a burial place & shrine. I think it's just another maybe, just someones thoughts on what may have been but then again I thought they had found where the blocks had been quarried on up the Nile.
samhill

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Yous guys are crazy. Everyone knows they used hoists suspended from UFOs to place the blocks on the pyramids. Sheesh! Lets get with it already. :D

Besides how else could you explain Stone hedge.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:18 pm

There were no hoists needed it was all done with the special laser anti-gravitational engaged, that little space dude with the squeaky voice used it all the time. :box: Marvin the Martian was his name & blowing up Earth to get a better view of Venus was his game. ;)
samhill

PostBy: Pacowy On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 pm

So are you saying those blocks weren't made from portland cement and coal ash? Where did the space dude put their ash pile? I don't think archeologists have found any trace of that. :lol:

Mike
Pacowy

Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:29 pm

samhill wrote:: Marvin the Martian was his name & blowing up Earth to get a better view of Venus was his game. ;)

Where is the earth shattering KABOOM??? There was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM!!!
Duengeon master

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Pacowy wrote:So are you saying those blocks weren't made from portland cement and coal ash? Where did the space dude put their ash pile? I don't think archeologists have found any trace of that. :lol:

Mike

They kept it in Uranus. toothy :nana: Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:00 am

F5,

Did you pay him to set you up like that?^^^^And you left off the :rimshot:
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20