Baler rebuild Part 2

Baler rebuild Part 2

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:14 pm

some pics as to how balers looking and component sections.
P4280272.JPG
(80.27 KiB) Viewed 3 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]41847[/nepathumb]
P4280273.JPG
(81.97 KiB) Viewed 4 times
[nepathumb]41848[/nepathumb]
P4280274.JPG
(82.39 KiB) Viewed 5 times
[nepathumb]41849[/nepathumb]
P4280275.JPG
(82.76 KiB) Viewed 5 times
[nepathumb]41850[/nepathumb]
P4280276.JPG
(81.26 KiB) Viewed 7 times
[nepathumb]41851[/nepathumb]
P4280277.JPG
(80.9 KiB) Viewed 6 times
[nepathumb]41852[/nepathumb]
P4280278.JPG
(79.31 KiB) Viewed 4 times
[nepathumb]41853[/nepathumb]
P4280279.JPG
(84.38 KiB) Viewed 3 times
[nepathumb]41854[/nepathumb]
Need to go pickup reel guards on each end, had a friend redo sheet metal strippers on them, and get plunger arm monday and it all starts going in baler. Then put on kicker.
wilder11354

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Re: Baler rebuild

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 pm

She's coming along real nice Bill--now quit screwing around & git-er-done :clap: toothy
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Wilder

I just found out I have PTSD, the instant I saw those knotters I started to sweat and my left eye started to twitch. I hope to never see another. Nice lookin job are you lookin to get on the cover of " Hay growers monthly" or what? Nice lookin unit.....First cutting only a month or so away so.... what Fred said! :D

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: Freddy On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Looks great! I like this type of baler....those round bales may seem nice, but the cows just can't get a square meal. ;)
Freddy

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:Wilder

I just found out I have PTSD, the instant I saw those knotters I started to sweat and my left eye started to twitch. I hope to never see another. Nice lookin job are you lookin to get on the cover of " Hay growers monthly" or what? Nice lookin unit.....First cutting only a month or so away so.... what Fred said! :D

Waldo

As long as the twine cutters are sharp its all in the timing. But they can really get under your skin. Usually turns out to be something simple.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Come on, that's why they made hammers :)
freetown fred

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:Wilder

Waldo

Waldo... i have PreTSD.. haven't gotten into knotters yet, tucker fingers aren't there, need new ones, can see that the knife arms are about wore out, too much clearaance to billhook, one was broke and welded, so i will replace that one for sure, Twine disc on knotters need to be retimed some too far advanced, needles rub a bit heavy on knotter frame when going thru and hit twine disc on one, so need to be adjusted some. Most everything with knotters other than arms replaceing will be adjusting, and setting tensions on drag springs. Replaced all tucker finger trip shaft, spring and bushings, and arms for them, need to be adjusted still when i get them. lot of little stuff that makes a BIG difference in how it all plays together.
wilder11354

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Left end guards with a guy for 3 weeks, supposed to do some fixin, patchin on them. There past suday still hadn't touched them, need them, so i took them back.He wasn't even there to talk to. Will have to quik patch myself once all strippers are back on. got reel in, all shimmed to center tines in stripper slots, strippers go on next for reel, then back to plunger and adjusting it, got front wear block on plunger being welded up, and milled back to right thickness where it slides on lower chute slide plate. its well worn, and excessive clearance on one end of plunger is beacause of that wear.
Attachments
P5070284.JPG
(80.68 KiB) Viewed 7 times
[nepathumb]42021[/nepathumb]
P5070285.JPG
(81.49 KiB) Viewed 8 times
[nepathumb]42022[/nepathumb]
P5070286.JPG
(82.29 KiB) Viewed 10 times
[nepathumb]42023[/nepathumb]
P5070287.JPG
(82.21 KiB) Viewed 12 times
[nepathumb]42024[/nepathumb]
wilder11354

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed May 08, 2013 10:50 am

Nice Bill, ya done real good:)
freetown fred

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm

freetown fred wrote:Nice Bill, ya done real good:)

So i also went up to farm took chainsaw and tool box, started to take off all the old lumber from wagon, forgot to bring gas jug for chainsaw, so when full tank got empty i called it the day5PM or so. Now on line to order a zilloion galvanized carriage bolts for reassembling the Freetown/Jacob wood for new hay wagon build.got slide block back, plungers back in, raining so will wait for dry night to adjust it. Plus Gran son needs my help with his atv, so times limited for him, but will guide him as i can.
wilder11354

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 am

Wildman,

Im waiting for the photos of the first bales commin off. Have you got any grass to run through yet? Dont mean to question your obvious abilities but.... If you dont have any "just for men" hair treatment ya might wanna get some on sale, your gonna need it after timing and adjusting the knotter mechinism... omg :shots: Though Im certain youll prevail, People that try as you have,always do. There will be no greater satisfaction than pulling the first wagon off to the barn.... Congrats :D

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Just a few more things.... kickers on, new pumps on, new tilt cylinder...Knotters...well they were only needing a dry run shim pulled out between both knotter frames and intermediate gears to snug up billhook and twine disc pinion drives, dry run...perfect knots. Will still have to tweak spring tensions once in field. few clamps for hyd lines for tilt, kicker control handle over baler,belts, and tractor PTO coupler and u joint it will be going to work. JD mechanic guy came checked it over..timing, knotters, etc, etc, said it will be a good baler.
Photo-0057.jpg
(191.36 KiB) Viewed 7 times
[nepathumb]42592[/nepathumb]
Photo-0058.jpg
(127.99 KiB) Viewed 6 times
[nepathumb]42593[/nepathumb]
Photo-0059.jpg
(141.87 KiB) Viewed 6 times
[nepathumb]42595[/nepathumb]

Worked on VAC for raking, won't start, spark at points, nothing at plugs, so got new cap rotor, plus no fuel from carb got rebuild kit, should do it. Maybe some brake clean in distributtor to dry under points plate, not sure how much condesation is in there from sitting for a few years.
wilder11354

PostBy: freetown fred On: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Outstanding Bill. Now some field drying would be real nice!
freetown fred

PostBy: Freddy On: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 am

She's looking real sweet! Nice work.

Does it have a four cylinder Wisconson motor on it? If so, it is identical to one that I worked on yesterday. A local farm owner was in to pick up some signs I had made & he asked if I had big rivets. One thing led to another & I said "You don't need bigger rivets, you need a welder!" Well... I didn't know that welder would be me. Years ago he built a screen cage over the air cooling intake for the Wisconsin. It keeps the chaff from clogging the cooling fins. It hinges open to get to the crank start. Well, the angle iron frame that holds the screen keeps breaking it's rivets. No more! That bad boy is welded for good. I told him "If this falls off I know you won't call me, as it will surely be the end of the Earth".

So, if you might want this modification I'll go get some pics.... it's aint pretty, but it gets the job done.
Freddy

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 am

ya... but can it remove and kill all the dam ticks in the field :cry: (id be freaking out about ticks doing that kinda work :lol: )
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404