Bags of cash

Bags of cash

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 pm

KABUL, Afghanistan — For more than a decade, wads of American dollars packed into suitcases, backpacks and, on occasion, plastic shopping bags have been dropped off every month or so at the offices of Afghanistan’s president — courtesy of the Central Intelligence Agency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/world ... =all&_r=2&
grumpy

Re: Bags of cash

PostBy: Coalfire On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:30 am

You had to figure as much but I am speechless :x

Eric
Coalfire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 96K btu Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 am

Just like the Good Old USA where you get the best form of Gov. that money can buy, they were molded the same way we operate. The biggest difference is the cost of American lives for nothing, truly sad.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 am

This is trully pathetic :( what the heck do we make all these smart bombs and drones for anyways :mad:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: franco b On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

It seems to me the beginning of the end of Karzai. Leaking this will justify an eventual deal with the Taliban.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Afghanistan has historically been referred to as the place where empires go to die. I believe it is more correctly the place where dead empires finally face the reality that they are dead.
Last edited by lsayre on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:18 pm

franco b wrote:It seems to me the beginning of the end of Karzai. Leaking this will justify an eventual deal with the Taliban.

as stupid as I am... even I know "you dont bargain with terrorists or pay ransom" ... their would be no end :eek2: Our leaders have to know this or were all in trouble :cry:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm

We bargain with terrorists over oil continually. Everything we do in the middle east involves oil, and our desire to maintain control over a goodly share of it. Nothing our nation does these days involves morality or justice. Those concepts are merely smoke and mirrors used to bring the sheeple at home into line with the governments whims and desires.
lsayre

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 pm

"Ghost Money" fitting...considering it comes directly from an agency referred to as Spooks.

I'm not surprised.
I'm On Fire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:18 pm

lsayre wrote:We bargain with terrorists over oil continually. Everything we do in the middle east involves oil, and our desire to maintain control over a goodly share of it. Nothing our nation does these days involves morality or justice. Those concepts are merely smoke and mirrors used to bring the sheeple at home into line with the governments whims and desires.

And the sooner more people wake up to this, the sooner we can get back to the original intent of this country.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

In Johannesburg, South Africa a multi-billion dollar company called 'Sasol' has been making about 30,000 barrels of oil per day from natural gas for decades now. Now that fracking is making natural gas like its going out of style, perhaps we can do likewise. The same process can also make oil from coal. Admittedly 30,000 barrels per day is childs play vs. the millions of barrels of oil that we need per day. Off the top of my head, 27 million barrels of crude oil daily needed for the USA alone comes to mind. 87 million barrels used per day for the world.

The two biggest US players that I've discovered playing in this ballpark are Rentech and Syntroleum. Both are effectively only future dreams compared to the reality of Sasol.
lsayre

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Does anyone believe that there will be an Oliver North type Inquisition over the tribute that we have been paying to Karzai?

Will the sequestration impact the tribute?

Questions, questions.
lsayre

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 pm

The CIA has assured Karzai that the endless drop-offs of bags of cash will continue. No sequestration disruption of the all important cash flow here. Let the American citizens suffer from sequestration. The crooks in the Afghan government (our chosen boys) must be satiated with cash.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/world ... =5065&_r=0
lsayre

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

:mad:
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Don't worry. It's all Bush's fault!
lsayre