IRS: Oops! We "accidentally" targeted Tea Party groups ...

IRS: Oops! We "accidentally" targeted Tea Party groups ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sat May 11, 2013 5:39 am

:roll:

There is just no line this administration is not willing to cross. Tyranny is here, folks.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05 ... -election/
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: IRS: Oops! We "accidentally" targeted Tea Party groups ...

PostBy: KLook On: Sat May 11, 2013 6:28 am

It has been Smitty, but listen to the crickets chirp! We are observing the things people said would never happen, just as the generation that worked to stop them fade away. And you have to be raised in a conservative fashion(country) or a history buff, or at least a certain age, to know the things we speak of. That leaves the vast majority drinking the koolaid of social justice and diversity, etc. The youth are being targeted and have been for years.
We have had this discussion many times the last few years. ;)

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 am

I heard this on the radio yesterday. The word I heard was that all blame is being pointed at some low level IRS lackeys in Cincinnati who are claimed to have originated this practice without any guidance form management level supervision, and that no one will be punished since no real wrong doing has occurred here.

Here is an AP story on it: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apol ... ive-groups
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: bigstick6017555 On: Sat May 11, 2013 9:20 am

you all hit the nail on the head. this is all that the federal, state, and local governments do. hide everything and cover up their messes and point fingers. seems to be the normal for all our governing officials. and klook is right!!! the age groups coming up are nothing more than brainwashed cool-aid drinkers.
bigstick6017555

Stove/Furnace Make: HARMAN
Stove/Furnace Model: MAGNUM

PostBy: Yanche On: Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 am

lsayre wrote:I heard this on the radio yesterday. The word I heard was that all blame is being pointed at some low level IRS lackeys in Cincinnati who are claimed to have originated this practice without any guidance form management level supervision, and that no one will be punished since no real wrong doing has occurred here.

Here is an AP story on it: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apol ... ive-groups

Having personally created a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charity for my Lions Club, I can well understand how this could be the work of a low level IRS employee. What happens is your application and documentation gets reviewed by an IRS employee that works from home, they go to the office to get a stack of applications to review. They are on a quota system, so many applications to do per week, etc. There is a check list on what they must check and with discretion on others. So ... a particular employee with political views different than that of the applicant would tend to give them a hard time.

I would suspect, an IRS employee, with the political views like many on this forum would give a liberal group extra scrutiny. It's human nature to like your own and dislike others. Combine that with lack of supervision and no real consequences for a bias results in a problem.
Yanche

Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

PostBy: jpete On: Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 pm

ONE guy just "happened" to get the tax returns of multiple "Tea Party" groups?

That doesn't seem likely.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Sat May 11, 2013 2:52 pm

The govt can now get any info, on anyone they want ,anytime, without a warrant! Thanks solely to Bush and Chaney and the ever lovin "Patriot Act". The current admin. will be happy to use it but they didnt make it possible. :x

Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue May 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Somebody just threw some gas on the fire.

http://www.propublica.org/article/irs-o ... ntial-docs
The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year.

The IRS did not respond to requests Monday following up about that release, and whether it had determined how the applications were sent to ProPublica.

In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)

Propublica is a left leaning progressive organization. I'm predicting this mess is going to blow up to epic proportions.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Yep - the o-man administration has it's hands full this week, between this, Benghazi, and the little incident with the AP's phone lines there .... now if we can only get the truth about eric holder's gun running scheme there might be a shred of hope for our beloved Republic.

Here's the 11 page document one Tea Party group received from the IRS. The info they ask for is just unbelievable. Imagine what they plan to do with this: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05 ... s-it-made/
SMITTY

PostBy: samhill On: Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm

I was never aware that the entire IRS changed personnel with every election other than asking if checking groups applying for what is it a social welfare organization tax free status supposed to be investigated as long as they are doing it equally (that's where a problem may be) I'll wait until an investigation is complete.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 pm

This was not done equally Sam. You keep thinking that WE think it would be ok if they did this to moonbat progressives, and let Conservatives slide. 2 wrongs don't make a right, Sam.
SMITTY

PostBy: samhill On: Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm

No Smitty, what I asked was isn't investigating what they are supposed to be doing? I think they may be right on that part instead of just rubber stamping every request, there are way too many tax exempt groups as it is now IMO. The other part we may agree on if it was intentionally done to just one side, I would think that's what will be the deciding factor. As I said I'll wait & see.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: jpete On: Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 pm

samhill wrote:No Smitty, what I asked was isn't investigating what they are supposed to be doing? I think they may be right on that part instead of just rubber stamping every request, there are way too many tax exempt groups as it is now IMO. The other part we may agree on if it was intentionally done to just one side, I would think that's what will be the deciding factor. As I said I'll wait & see.

See what?

The IRS has already apologized for doing it. There's no allegation here. They DID target right wing conservative groups.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 am

samhill wrote:...I'll wait until an investigation is complete.

Sam this has already been admitted by the IRS just ahead of the report by their own inspector general released yesterday. The only real question at this point is how high it goes
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Wed May 15, 2013 4:31 am

This investigation will be nonsense too and low level people IRS will be crucified.Pseudo intellectuals will tell us it's all Bushs fault and everything is fine (move along here) as those IRS people were there during Bushs tenure. See above.

AP has laid down with the dogs for about 5 years and it's hurts when they get bitten too. Back room deals will be struck and everything will return to normal - nothing to see here.

The free phone Bammy crowd think Ben Ghastly is a Gatsby sequel but are much more concerned about Jolie having her breasts removed and will not care at voting time.

Morons will be morons but the simple maths are there are more fleas biting than dogs working so on down the rabbit hole it goes all headed by liberals that are just sooooo smart even though a horses a$$ can work out why small businesses are dying right and left.

This is stage 7 of the 8 stages of the decline of this civilization and we are too dumb to change it. As Lenin said "Give me a childs mind for four years and I have it for life". We weren't paying attention.

Sorry, but morons can't be changed now and they vote, fleas and dogs are equal in the mind of a democracy.
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22