This is why I can't have nice things....

Re: This is why I can't have nice things....

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue May 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:It's a yj jeep with a big block :shock:

Nothing wrong with a YJ sporting a 440.
I'm On Fire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Tue May 07, 2013 6:53 pm

nope, unless it pulls up to a yj running a 426 8-)
Poconoeagle

Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

PostBy: rberq On: Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:Oh sweet!! I just save $20 on the seal. I decided to take the part number from the site I was going to order it from where it was $44 and put it in eBay and found the same seal kit for $19.75. Other than lost time using the machine it's a fairly inexpensive repair. Hopefully that's the only part I need. :D

I've done that several times with auto parts both new and used. Go to the (dealer?) sites that specialize in online sales and show you the part numbers, then plug the part number into eBay. The eBay ones claim and appear to be honest-to-goodness OEM parts and they work just fine, but at 1/2 to 1/5 the dealer price -- how do they do that???
rberq

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

PostBy: rberq On: Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Richard S. wrote:I paint stuff about 1 person is going to see every 20 years LOL.

Like the underside of a cast iron radiator where you have to get down on your hands and knees and lay the side of your head on the floor to see that it's been missed? It may take HER several years to notice, but as soon as SHE does, it becomes high priority to fix it. Wouldn't want guests to see something like that, whatever would they think if they happened to lie on the floor and stick their noses under the radiator?!? :cry:
rberq

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 am

Lots of dealers on eBay are guys buying dealer closeouts, bankruptcies, etc. They throw an offer in for the whole lot of parts and end up paying pennies for some of it when all is said and done. I just bought a $70 accelerator pump for a Mercruiser for $25 from a place that does just that. NOS, still in the wrapper. 8-)

Here's a Jeep I happened to find yesterday. :D Has a 383 stroker in it with a Ford 9" , Dana front, and some big ass transfer case. It's built to the moon. Should wheelie once I get her running. Damn fuel injection ..... if your gonna build something like this, why not go carburetor??? :x Anyway ..............
Attachments
Jeep.jpg
(68.85 KiB) Viewed 9 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]42028[/nepathumb]
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm

dcrane wrote:well... if it makes ya feel any better i had my Husky rototiller shyt the bed today, so thinking im still young i decided to bring out the shovel and.... Snap! :mad:

OK folks... this is embarrassing :crazy: I'm going to hide this inside Fires thread so Its never again mentioned...
Remember my dilemma with my RotoTiller well, i started taking tires off and brought out all my sockets and tools and got ready for some heavy duty battle to fix this beast, got one tire off after 10 minutes of PB and a sledge, got the casing off on that side to....flipped her over to start the other side...cotter pins, PB, got ready to slam when i noticed something :eek2: here is what i saw...

(get your laughs in now guys and then lets bury this one to the archives forEVER :mad: )
Roto.JPG
(127.21 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]42030[/nepathumb]
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 pm

A regular ROCK star... Or. ROCKet science!!!

Been there 8-)
Poconoeagle

Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

PostBy: Rob R. On: Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm

SMITTY wrote:Lots of dealers on eBay are guys buying dealer closeouts, bankruptcies, etc. They throw an offer in for the whole lot of parts and end up paying pennies for some of it when all is said and done. I just bought a $70 accelerator pump for a Mercruiser for $25 from a place that does just that. NOS, still in the wrapper. 8-)

Here's a Jeep I happened to find yesterday. :D Has a 383 stroker in it with a Ford 9" , Dana front, and some big ass transfer case. It's built to the moon. Should wheelie once I get her running. Damn fuel injection ..... if your gonna build something like this, why not go carburetor??? :x Anyway ..............

Cold start ability, throttle response, and no float problems from running the Jeep on crazy side hills. Freetown Fred stuck with it and got that TBI 454 running...turned out to be a broken wire. I'm sure if you start with the simple things on the Jeep you will figure it out...make sure there is gas in the tank before you get too far, and then check the ignition. :D
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Rob, I even had a young Amish neighbor come down & help me get all the winter horse-poop cleaned out of & around the in & out barn--threw it all on that dump body & headed for the property line--SWEET deal that was--no shoveling to off load--I think I'm in love :clap: toothy John, don't shoot yer eye out with that JEEP--nice Smitty ;) dc, ROCK & roll my friend :)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm

That Jeep isn't mine - just here to run again. :D I'm not a big Chrysler fan anyway.

Damn Dcrane - I could've got $250 out of you for removing a rock! :woot: toothy (Just KIDDING!! :P )
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Poconoeagle wrote:not only do I paint stuff never scene for decades, I then write funny notes on it like O#*&bama Sucks or ford sucks or chrylser sucks....... :D 8-)

I leave beer bottles in the wall with notes. LOL

Me too. :D
Wood'nCoal

Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert