A new Harmony Back in Business

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

A new Harmony Back in Business

PostBy: snuffy On: Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 pm

It appears that Harmony has reopened. An ad I saw in a copy of the local paper last week had a small ad announcing the resumption of coal sales but I think they mention only for residential sales. Unfortunately, I tossed the paper out for recycling. So for those of you buying this type of coal, I guess it's game on. If I spot another ad I'll post the new number, if permissible by the "Mayor".
snuffy

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Re: A new Harmony Back in Business

PostBy: stovepipemike On: Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

Snuffy, I can't believe that nobody replied to this so I will erase the zero in the reply column. I called the new harmony outfit on the old number and they answered. I was told ash 9% and BTU 13,400.He claims this is pretty hot coal.This was a couple of days ago and I did not write it down so recheck for yourself. He claimed that they are taking pains to keep the "bottom coal" [whatever that is] out of the coal they sell at the yard.The less desireable coal goes to the reclaim pile. Rice $170/ton. I will give this new outfit a try. I told him that Harmony had a loyal following for good reason.He realizes the standard was pretty high at the old Harmony. Mike
stovepipemike

Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KAA-2

PostBy: Darren L On: Sat May 11, 2013 7:29 pm

I drove by today and all of the bins are full. :)
Darren L

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: Darren L On: Sat May 11, 2013 7:29 pm

I drove by today and all of the bins are full. :)
Darren L

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent

PostBy: Cap On: Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 pm

It's been discussed here:
uae coal mine out of buisness
Cap

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator