Holy smokes.... Tebow is a patriot!

Re: Holy smokes.... Tebow is a patriot!

PostBy: Ed.A On: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:25 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
I see countless athletes from all sports, both professional and amateur make religious gestures before, during and after sporting events. Tebow is not the first nor will he be the last. Why the media has decided to hone in on him is regrettable. The man has been pre judged prior to having a real chance to prove himself as either a success or failure in the NFL.

The reason is plain, watch any MLB game and you'll see countless Latino players crossing themselves or doing the Big Poppy "Sign to the Lord"....but if that was pointed out by a TV announcer 'OLY Hell would break out with screams of racist charges.

Simple really.
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm

I think his place on the team will be on special teams and possibly a slot receiver. The guy isn't afraid to hit anybody either, looks like a cheap pick up and I can't think of a better atmosphere to keep things under wraps.
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly coat rack
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: ONEDOLLAR On: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:01 pm

michaelanthony wrote:I think his place on the team will be on special teams and possibly a slot receiver. The guy isn't afraid to hit anybody either, looks like a cheap pick up and I can't think of a better atmosphere to keep things under wraps.

MA
My thoughts exactly. Not much downside for the Pats (assuming he makes the team) and the price is right for at least 2 years. Even in an extreme pinch he could play QB. An EXTREME pinch. No other team in the NFL controls the media like the Pats and that is exactly what this situation needs. You could record one BB press conferance and use it for every game. :lol:

Given time and the right training Tebow could turn into a decent QB, but something tells me Tebow just wants to play ball in whatever position he is needed in.
ONEDOLLAR

Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford #2 Base Heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
michaelanthony wrote:I think his place on the team will be on special teams and possibly a slot receiver. The guy isn't afraid to hit anybody either, looks like a cheap pick up and I can't think of a better atmosphere to keep things under wraps.

MA
My thoughts exactly. Not much downside for the Pats (assuming he makes the team) and the price is right for at least 2 years. Even in an extreme pinch he could play QB. An EXTREME pinch. No other team in the NFL controls the media like the Pats and that is exactly what this situation needs. You could record one BB press conferance and use it for every game. :lol:

Given time and the right training Tebow could turn into a decent QB, but something tells me Tebow just wants to play ball in whatever position he is needed in.

I want see him leave all that holy stuff behind and become a monster kill machine on the field :lol:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: Ed.A On: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 am

dcrane wrote:[
I want see him leave all that holy stuff behind and become a monster kill machine on the field :lol:

Prolly not going to happen considering this
http://nypost.com/2013/06/12/owner-says ... r-jets-qb/
Ed.A

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

PostBy: buffalo bob On: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am

SMITTY wrote:He doesn't showboat - it's the media hype that painted him that way. He's a good, decent American, unlike some others who have worn that uniform in the past.

Just sad that today when someone kneels to give thanks to the Lord, it becomes a media sensation. This should be a common sight, but in our society that sight is never seen. That's a large part of the reason we have all the issues we have today in society, AND in government. Not suggesting you MUST believe in God to be moral, but 97% of the time those that do, are. Society is broken, and needs fixing ....

amen
buffalo bob

Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

PostBy: JRDepew On: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!! :D
JRDepew

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:24 pm

buffalo bob wrote:
SMITTY wrote:He doesn't showboat - it's the media hype that painted him that way. He's a good, decent American, unlike some others who have worn that uniform in the past.

Just sad that today when someone kneels to give thanks to the Lord, it becomes a media sensation. This should be a common sight, but in our society that sight is never seen. That's a large part of the reason we have all the issues we have today in society, AND in government. Not suggesting you MUST believe in God to be moral, but 97% of the time those that do, are. Society is broken, and needs fixing ....

amen

Well said...
anthony7812

Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

PostBy: coalkirk On: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

He's only there to fill in for Brady when he has to leave the field to reapply his makeup. :P
coalkirk

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 am

Here we go more lip from the crow fan wow can't talk about quality nfl without this guy getting a word in :rofl: :nana:
anthony7812

PostBy: gaw On: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Tebow will be the Patriots next tight end. You heard it here first. :shh:
gaw

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 pm

The Pats may be in the market for a new TE. :D
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey now Gronk will be fine... cant keep a badass down
anthony7812

PostBy: hcarlow On: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Well said my friend,
hcarlow

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:07 pm

anthony7812 wrote:Hey now Gronk will be fine... cant keep a badass down

Gronk can't keep himself out of surgery and Hernandez is going to be playing in the "Grey Bar" football league!
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice