disaster averted

disaster averted

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Just got back from inside the bee hive. The queen I marked last week, the one with the damaged wing is alive and laying up a storm. I even caught a glimpse of her. I also saw thousands of eggs and larva waiting to be capped. The hive should be exploding with new bees shortly. Unless I pick up on clues that something is amiss from the outside, the next time I'll be going into the hive is the week of the 22. The girls are bringing in a lot of pollen, mostly pink clover pollen but some that is a creamy white. Not much else to say, take care, Lisa
lowfog01

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: disaster averted

PostBy: freetown fred On: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Like I believe someone already mentioned---the bee's really do know what they're doing ;)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: dcrane On: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:21 pm

OMG where are the pics of this!!! You know what the kids say these days... "Pic's or it didn't happen!" :lol:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm

dcrane wrote:OMG where are the pics of this!!! You know what the kids say these days... "Pic's or it didn't happen!" :lol:

Sorry no pictures today. I was caught elbow deep in the hive by a "passing thunder storm" so I had to close things up and get out of there. It never did rain. I'll try to do better next time. :) Lisa
lowfog01

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I