Cast iron fry pan

Re: Cast iron fry pan

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Joe, GOOGLE cast iron pan seasoning--or something like that-- it's about that learning curve--just sayin ;) As far as that knife storage situation--
Attachments
IMG_0020.JPG
(58.54 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]42686[/nepathumb]
IMG_0021.JPG
(57.41 KiB) Viewed 22 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]42687[/nepathumb]
Last edited by freetown fred on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey Fred,

I thought for sure you would have a big ole pepper shaker by the stove. And you claim you used to spend time in PA !!!!!

We have the same setup in our butcher shop for the knives. Keeps them nice and organized.

However we can't do the cast iron pan....... Damn flat top ceramic stove. But that is what SHE wanted so I got to live with it.......

Rick
Rick 386

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Yep, Rick, I'm REAL careful putting those cast pans on my ceramic stove top--I REPEAT----REAL CAREFUL :)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: BPatrick On: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:31 pm

I've thought about these cast iron pans for a while now. It sure brings back memories of my mom making crepes and bacon and eggs in them growing up. She still has hers from her grandma. I don't think I'll get that until mom doesn't cook anymore. She knows I'm interested in it and as we have a big old farmhouse, she is starting to hand over more family treasures. I always cooked with mom's fry pan with no problem and then struggled to cook in the newer cast iron fry pan. Now I know how to do it, I will start looking for them in garage sales.
BPatrick

Baseburners & Antiques: 2 Crawford 40 Baseheaters
Coal Size/Type: Stove Coal
Other Heating: Herald Oak No. 18