Poll: Have your health care rates gone up under Obamacare?

Have your health care rates gone up under The Affordable Health Care Act (Obamacare)?

yes
54%
no
31%
no idea
15%
don't care
No votes

Total votes : 61

Re: Poll: Have your health care rates gone up under Obamacare?

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 pm

UPS just announced that it will discontinue spousal health insurance coverage for over 15,000 spouses of its non-salaried employees effective 2014, saving the company an estimated $60 million per year. UPS just shrugged, and effectively said: "Let them eat Obamacare". You can almost feel the love taxes going up.

PS: I wonder if this will be on the table for the union employees to lose health care coverage for their spouses when the contract comes up for renewal?

This could be contagious. Watch for more major companies to follow suit....
Last edited by lsayre on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:17 pm

RI's Obamacare exchange went online today and promptly crashed.

Seems appropriate.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Before Obamamcare, 66% of all of the employers in the USA offered health care. Today this figure is at 57% and falling.
lsayre

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Isayre, I know as far back as the 90s U.S.S. would only cover my wife if she didn't have health coverage of her own. We had to choose which Ins. to go under since we both had it, if you think about it, saved us money since you can't get duplication of benefits. I believe the article says that if the spouse doesn't have coverage then she or he would still be covered by UPS. I don't see anything sinister there except it is what you make it. :(
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 pm

samhill wrote:. I don't see anything sinister there except it is what you make it. :(

Except when UPS specifically says they are doing it because of Obamacare.

But screw the facts, it's your story, tell it how you want...

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morn ... l?page=all

The Atlanta-based logistics company points to the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, as a big reason for the decision, reports Kaiser Health News.
jpete

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Isayre, I'm just saying how far back that same thing happened to me, I'm sure even back then the Co. had something to blame it on but like I said why should someone have two H.C. plans when only one pays? It's just good business sense to do what they did but they sure did wait a long time someone was asleep at the switch is all I'm saying. :roll:
It's odd that you neglect the part about savings for them & that it is only for working spouses not all & the only reason for that is the other Co. will be required to provide H.I. under the ACA so it only makes sense. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013 ... e-coverage
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:53 pm

But if the government is acting as the insurer of last resort, effectively every UPS employees working or non-working spouse has coverage regardless, so if UPS hasn’t done so already, they might as well just drop all working and non working spouses off the UPS health insurance plan. The government will pick up the pieces and pass it along to the taxpayers. It's only a matter of time. Of course that is exactly what the government wants and intends for all companies to do, as they ultimately intend to be the insurer of first, last, and only resort.
lsayre

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Per Forbes: "Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapotheca ... y-of-four/
lsayre

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:33 pm

lsayre wrote:Per Forbes: "Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapotheca ... y-of-four/

I can't wait. Here is the change the majority wanted? :mad:
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
lsayre wrote:Per Forbes: "Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four"

I can't wait. Here is the change the majority wanted? :mad:

Yes, but the flip side of this is that Ben Bernanke has taught us that for a Magus such as himself, blessed as he is with the power to create wealth from thin air alone, the added cost per citizen is really meaningless trivia (much akin to the similar meaninglessness of the national deficit and debt) and our concern for it is merely our laughingly weak attempt to deny the authority of his awesome power. Ah, but for the miracle of money and the worship thereof, many of us would be destitute souls without proper health care, so be thankful and bow down to the worship of Bernanke and his minion Obama, and accept the mark of the Obamacare beast.

And if Ben's magic can't cover it all, and your company is nice enough to eat a fair portion of your families $7,450 so that you don't see much of it (or if you are really lucky, any of it), consider it a raise blessed upon you directly by Obama, and simultaneously ripped from the hides of your purely evil and greedy employers.

Oh, and don't forget to lobby your Congressman to vote yes for a huge rise in the debt ceiling, as it will go far to tell the entire corrupt and sinful government that we are behind all of this money trust power they wield 100%. With the awesome benevolence of Obamacare, they are going to need the ceiling to go as high as the sky.
lsayre

PostBy: rberq On: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:47 pm

lsayre wrote:... the government wants and intends ... to be the insurer of first, last, and only resort.

:!: Damned good idea, put everybody under Medicare! :!: At this point the government is the only organization powerful enough to counter the corrupt insurance/healthcare Mafia. I have recently been through the whole process of getting covered by Medicare parts A/B/D/Medigap. Much of it is set up pretty well, even where private insurers are involved. But it is apparent to me that wherever private insurers are allowed ANY latitude in what they cover and how they cover it, they start playing their "sorry, not covered" games, and the customer (me) suffers.

Unfortunately, as of now the government does NOT intend to be the only insurer. To get Obamacare passed into law, too many compromises had to be made with too many rich and powerful lobbies, so we wound up with something less than perfect. The chore now is to amend Obamacare to make it work right, not by excluding private insurers but by making them provide reasonable coverage without games.
rberq

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 pm

rberq wrote:
lsayre wrote:... the government wants and intends ... to be the insurer of first, last, and only resort.

:!: Damned good idea, put everybody under Medicare! :!: At this point the government is the only organization powerful enough to counter the corrupt insurance/healthcare Mafia. I have recently been through the whole process of getting covered by Medicare parts A/B/D/Medigap. Much of it is set up pretty well, even where private insurers are involved. But it is apparent to me that wherever private insurers are allowed ANY latitude in what they cover and how they cover it, they start playing their "sorry, not covered" games, and the customer (me) suffers.

Unfortunately, as of now the government does NOT intend to be the only insurer. To get Obamacare passed into law, too many compromises had to be made with too many rich and powerful lobbies, so we wound up with something less than perfect. The chore now is to amend Obamacare to make it work right, not by excluding private insurers but by making them provide reasonable coverage without games.

Medicare is bleeding money. Name ANYTHING the government does that is cheaper and better than private companies?

And if the insurance companies are so evil and corrupt, why is King Barry forcing us to engage in commerce with them?

Obamacare is designed to fail so that people will be screaming for single payer. In the meantime, it will drive many into bankruptcy.

If you think government health care is the answer, I suggest you investigate the rules for Britain's NICE Board. As long as you don't mind being blind in one eye before you are allowed to have surgery to save your sight, you'll be fine.
jpete

PostBy: gaw On: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 pm

According to Wall Street expert and Money Map Press Chief Investment Strategist, Keith Fitz-Gerald, Obamacare will create unheard of riches for investors who tap into the right companies.

"Obamacare is one of the single biggest wealth creation opportunities to hit the markets in decades," says Fitz-Gerald. "That's because huge amounts of money - trillions - will be spent as Obamacare gets rolling."
"And trillions more will be reallocated," he adds.

Not all companies will benefit - but a select few are primed for higher returns on a scale that was simply unimaginable before this legislation was passed.

These companies, and their investors, are set to make a fortune in the next several months - and years - as the full Obamacare plan gets underway.

Fitz-Gerald says main street investors will have a chance to reap big paydays - provided they know which sectors stand to benefit most.

Well knock me over with a feather. :shock:
gaw

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

PostBy: Davian On: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

gaw wrote:
According to Wall Street expert and Money Map Press Chief Investment Strategist, Keith Fitz-Gerald, Obamacare will create unheard of riches for investors who tap into the right companies.

"Obamacare is one of the single biggest wealth creation opportunities to hit the markets in decades," says Fitz-Gerald. "That's because huge amounts of money - trillions - will be spent as Obamacare gets rolling."
"And trillions more will be reallocated," he adds.

Not all companies will benefit - but a select few are primed for higher returns on a scale that was simply unimaginable before this legislation was passed.

These companies, and their investors, are set to make a fortune in the next several months - and years - as the full Obamacare plan gets underway.

Fitz-Gerald says main street investors will have a chance to reap big paydays - provided they know which sectors stand to benefit most.

Shocking I know...why do you think the GOP was pushing this plan so hard back in the 1990s?
Well knock me over with a feather. :shock:
Davian

Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Because Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.

Different in name only to allow the gullible public to vote against one side or the other every few years without affecting their game in any way whatsoever?
jpete