Book that might help newbies

Book that might help newbies

PostBy: DePippo79 On: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Just received a new book called Coal Heat by Schuler and Hull. Published in 1980, but the content still applies today. I like the 1980 prices though. $1.00/gl. for heating oil, cord of wood $95.00 and ton of coal $25.00.
I'm sure alot of the members know about this book, but here's a new post for recent members. I'm only half way through it and alot of the material can be found on the forum, but if you get sick of looking at a computer screen here you go. The book doesn't really get into the mechanics of maintaining a coal stove, but it's still a good introduction for someone contemplating heating with coal. You can get if off of Ebay or Amazon. Cost is the same as a high class cup of coffee. On a side note looking for a book on antique stoves no luck. Anyone know of such a book?
Happy Labor Day, Matt
DePippo79

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 40
Coal Size/Type: Stove, nut/anthracite

Re: Book that might help newbies

PostBy: WJSlater On: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Matt, Thanks for posting the info on the Book, just what I was needing as I am now just trying to figure what size and type of stove for supplementing my heating here in Western MA. I just ordered the book from Amazon it was $5.95.
Thanks again
Bill Slater
WJSlater

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Sr.
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Chubby
Stove/Furnace Model: Senior w/ blower

Re: Book that might help newbies

PostBy: DePippo79 On: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Hope it helps and welcome to a great forum. Best one on web. I think you'll find it addicting. Matt
DePippo79

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 40
Coal Size/Type: Stove, nut/anthracite