Barnstable stoves

Barnstable stoves

PostBy: gunloader55 On: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

Would like to know what kind of work barnstable does,can you rest that every thing is done right.And does Doug stand by his work and provide good service after the sale.He seems like good guy on phone,but i'm to far away to know stores reputation.

thanks for the input,
gunloader55

Stove/Furnace Model: Glenwood 6 & wm 414a

Re: Barnstable stoves

PostBy: dcrane On: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 pm

I have never heard any bad reports regarding Barnstable and they have been around a very very long time.
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: vfw3439 On: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 pm

I bought my Glenwood Base Heater Number 8 from Doug last year and give him an A++ rating.
Attachments
074.JPG
(126.82 KiB) Viewed 15 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]43512[/nepathumb]
vfw3439

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fuller & Warren No. 4
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Base Heater No. 8, Crawford Tropic 112, Fuller & Warren No. 4
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Egg Size Anthracite Coal
Stove/Furnace Make: Glenwood Base Heater No. 8
Stove/Furnace Model: Crawford Tropic 112

Visit Hitzer Stoves

PostBy: CapeCoaler On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 am

Doug does very good work...
Been here a long time...
Some say he can be a bit gruff if you rub him the wrong way...
Always been nice to me...
CapeCoaler

Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

PostBy: wsherrick On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 am

He has kindness for those who don't waste his time. If you are serious about buying a stove, he will bend over backwards to help you make the correct decision. He has always been very kind and helpful to me. He even put a link to my videos on his web page. He did that on his own recourse. I have bought two stoves from him. The Stanley Argand and the Glenwood No 6.
When the fire pot cracked on the Stanley Argand after the first season. I sent it to him and he had another one cast for me, no hesitation.
wsherrick

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

PostBy: vfw3439 On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am

wsherrick wrote:He has kindness for those who don't waste his time. If you are serious about buying a stove, he will bend over backwards to help you make the correct decision. He has always been very kind and helpful to me. He even put a link to my videos on his web page. He did that on his own recourse. I have bought two stoves from him. The Stanley Argand and the Glenwood No 6.
When the fire pot cracked on the Stanley Argand after the first season. I sent it to him and he had another one cast for me, no hesitation.

I agree with you William. I called Doug last year with a question on my Glenwood Base Heater No. 8 when he was on vacation in Florida and he returned my call 10 minutes later. Doug is a real professional and stands behind his work. I have visited him on 2 occasions and he was always pleasant and gave me the full tour of his vast collection of stoves.
vfw3439

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Base Heater No. 8, Crawford Tropic 112, Fuller & Warren No. 4

PostBy: DePippo79 On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:52 pm

I got my Glenwood Oak 40 from Doug and no problems. He has quite the collection to choose from and was also nice enough to deliver and help me set up. Workmanship was second to none. As far as help after the sale I don't know. Stove is perfect. Runs great. Would do business with him again. Very tolerent of my kids wandering around his place also. Price was also very reasonable. Good luck. Matt
DePippo79

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 40, Stanley Argand No. 30, Stanley Argand No. 20 missing parts.
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite. Stove and nut size.
Other Heating: Oil hot water.

PostBy: jefflee1 On: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

I agree with William. Doug was great when i was deciding which stove I wanted ( I have a Glenwood Base Heater #8 ). I have not used it yet this year, but I see no reason why I should have any problems with the stove.
jefflee1

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood # 8
Coal Size/Type: Stove
Stove/Furnace Make: Glenwood
Stove/Furnace Model: #8 baseburner

PostBy: nortcan On: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:43 pm

One of the best thing to do to be SHURE, 100% SHURE the stove is perfectly restored from A to Z is to have it completly dis-assembly. So easy to just have a light sand-blasting job then a nice looking paint, some clean up here and there...
Not always necessary to take all the stove apart at first, but just take some parts off of the stove and it's easy to see ....then you decide if you tear it completly apart.
An other thing that can give an idea of how a restorer works is to ask from the restorer as much as possible photos from the dis-assembly and from the re-assembly. If not possible, start thinking about it... If you have to pay the full price for a restoration job you have the right to see how the job is done.
nortcan

Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

PostBy: vfw3439 On: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 pm

nortcan wrote:One of the best thing to do to be SHURE, 100% SHURE the stove is perfectly restored from A to Z is to have it completly dis-assembly. So easy to just have a light sand-blasting job then a nice looking paint, some clean up here and there...
Not always necessary to take all the stove apart at first, but just take some parts off of the stove and it's easy to see ....then you decide if you tear it completly apart.
An other thing that can give an idea of how a restorer works is to ask from the restorer as much as possible photos from the dis-assembly and from the re-assembly. If not possible, start thinking about it... If you have to pay the full price for a restoration job you have the right to see how the job is done.

Doug sent me updates on my stove and followed up with photos. I have photos from Doug on my Glenwood No. 8 from complete dis-assembly to the finished product
vfw3439

PostBy: gunloader55 On: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for all the input and my glenwood 6 base heater will ship today.I'll post pics when in place maybe next week.

Also looking for hot blast heater if anyone has or knows of one.
gunloader55

Stove/Furnace Model: Glenwood 6 & wm 414a

Visit Hitzer Stoves