Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

Re: Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
Richard S. wrote:Conservatives and Liberals both want the same thing for the most part, the difference is how to get from point A to point B.

Somewhat. Conservatives are a live and let live mentality. I don't impose my beliefs on you by forcing it down your throat, Is the conservative view . Liberals want you to do things their way no matter what and will try to do anything to get that result. Most liberals have very good intentions and really mean no harm, but they believe they have to help everyone and set the rules to protect everyone. Where conservatives like to allow people to learn on their own.

Its the old adage of . Liberals will give the man who is hungry the fish to eat. Where the conservative will help teach the man how to fish and allow him to be responsible for his own meals.

Conservatives are HARDLY "live and let live".

Pro war, pro corporate welfare, anti gay marriage.

BOTH sides what to run your life. The just want to run it in different ways.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 pm

SMITTY wrote: We realize that EVERY person should be FREE to SUCCEED or FAIL, and that NOBODY has any obligation to guarantee either!

Like BoA and Goldman Sachs?

I don't know what fantasy land this definition of "conservative" comes from, but it doesn't match reality at all.
jpete

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Correction - you mean that's dems and repubs - NOT Conservatives and progressives - big difference there. ;)
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:08 am

SMITTY wrote:Correction - you mean that's dems and repubs - NOT Conservatives and progressives - big difference there. ;)

:no1:
jpete

PostBy: plumb-r On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:47 am

I don't doubt for one second about the numbers on job creation Samhill. What they don't tell you is how many of those jobs created used to be full time positions and now due to Obama care have been broken down into 2 part time jobs. I guess they wouldn't want to print the whole picture though, it wouldn't look as nice. :( And who's the one not looking up facts or just twisting them for a result??? :o
plumb-r

Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:02 am

Flyer5 wrote:Somewhat.....

Its the old adage of . Liberals will give the man who is hungry the fish to eat. Where the conservative will help teach the man how to fish and allow him to be responsible for his own meals.

I think that hits the nail on the head and when using the food example if you have 10 million starving children in Africa:

Liberal Response: "send them food."

Conservative response and to quote Sam Kinison: "Move to where the *censored* food is."

That may sound cruel but the fact is these food programs destroy local economies, the local farmer can't compete with free. You may be helping them short term but you're setting them up for bigger fall down the road. A liberal may ask what can be worse that 10 million starving people, my answer is 20 million starving people.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: gaw On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:12 am

plumb-r wrote:I don't doubt for one second about the numbers on job creation Samhill. What they don't tell you is how many of those jobs created used to be full time positions and now due to Obama care have been broken down into 2 part time jobs. I guess they wouldn't want to print the whole picture though, it wouldn't look as nice. :( And who's the one not looking up facts or just twisting them for a result??? :o

A little snooping around and something doesn’t add up.
jobs.jpg
(112.8 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]43515[/nepathumb]
gaw

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

PostBy: dcrane On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 am

I think most people of this forum are also right wing (hard core Republicans), though we ALL have our lil' nuances and ideals on specific subject the broader picture keeps us in the Rep. Party

Here is a pretty good layout of the main ideals of left vs right (though their is many un credited pics of this same map online, I have been told as long as the credits are on it I may post it as I wish).
Attachments
1276_left_right_world.png
(807.31 KiB) Viewed 21 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]43516[/nepathumb]
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: gaw On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:23 am

dcrane wrote:I think most people of this forum are also right wing (hard core Republicans),

Right wing yes but half of the Republicans sound as though they are Democrats that just got hit on the head. John McCain and his domestic partner Lindsey Gubber come to mind.
gaw

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:34 am

samhill wrote:Another source, same results with a slightly different approach to finding the facts.

Sam I'm not going to go over it but if you want to pick out something specific let's discuss it. Any of these studies can easily manipulate numbers and more often than not no matter what the source or what they are trying to support they are skewed. For example they list an article showing Obama has the lowest growth for government spending. That's true...... :shock: ...... but only when you use the porkulus year of 2009 as a baseline. Spending has been somewhere around 3.5 trillion per year since 2009 with only moderate increases. There is 2 or 3 trillion dollars that was spent during his administration that wouldn't have been. We are only now approaching that 3.5 trillion level If the historical trend had held true

plumb-r wrote: What they don't tell you is how many of those jobs created used to be full time positions and now due to Obama care have been broken down into 2 part time jobs.

...and just to add when you have so many people out of work there isn't any where to go but up.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am

Sam left out the number of Americans killed (100,000) in the Democrat wars of Korea and Vietnam. Economic expansion bought at the cost of those lives. Inflationary pressure of Vietnam finally landed in jimmy Carters lap just as the wreck of the Obama economy will probably land on the next President.

What about the role of Congress and which party controlled it? Presidents were not alone in control. Clinton would never have had a paper surplus without having been forced to it by the Contract With America. The Reagan deficits would never have been as large if not for the lying democrats who promised cuts for tax increases.

Lets also remember most Republicans are and were not conservatives and during those years there were also a few conservative Democrats.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Richard, I found this that takes in several different considerations but basically comes out the same & I'm not saying that the spending is over yet but it does show a pattern. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -lowest-s/
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Franco, why not go back to the Civil War? Why is it that with Obama it's just that & with anything about any other POTUS it then becomes Congress? Don't forget the preceding POTUS had 6 years of like Congress. Just trying to make a fair comparison of issues at hand.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: gaw On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Here is the spreadsheet from OMB. Make of the numbers what you want. Figures don't lie but liars can figure. Go figure.
TOTAL GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURES AS PERCENTAGES OF GDP a.xls
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Select:BBcode: [nepafile=43519]TOTAL GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURES AS PERCENTAGES OF GDP a.xls[/nepafile]
gaw

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:45 pm

samhill wrote:Franco, why not go back to the Civil War? Why is it that with Obama it's just that & with anything about any other POTUS it then becomes Congress? Don't forget the preceding POTUS had 6 years of like Congress. Just trying to make a fair comparison of issues at hand.

Nothing more frustrating to a conservative than to elect a president that sounds like Reagan and then the first thing he does is go all kissy kissy with Teddy. I think he was and is a nice guy who tried to build consensus with liberals which is always a mistake because their policies always lead to what we got. He also got stuck with 9/11 and the Afghan war. War with Iraq is hard to justify, but we also don't know what would have happened if Saddam was not stopped. We do know that Syria represents only a small fraction of the threat that Saddam did, yet this idiot is all set to start something, and to rescue his credibility even more idiots are ready to go along with him.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea