NSA site down

NSA site down

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:16 pm

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-site-ddos-attack-754/

Do they think they are immune, their arrogance has now started a global cyber war. You might as well turn that huge new building into a skating rink. Well done Mr Snowden, the snowball is now off and running down the hill. Grab the peanuts and beer this is going to get interesting. So does the govt run the world or does the internet? If the Govt does not have the Obummercare site or the NSA and then so on to other govt depts.... I need extra peanuts and perhaps a popcorn machine. Base the anonymous hacker in Germany and when the govt asks the Germans for help to apprehend them they will be told to drop dead. It really will be US vs the world.
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 110K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, Jotul 507
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross Invader 2
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: NSA site down

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Sure it wasn't just built by the same guys who did the Obamacare one? :D
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Is it any wonder they want him back in the usa?I hope somebody gives this guy asylum. The scariest thing about the whole drama is that the govt. thought that they could do this and nobody would find out ?or care? :wtf:
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

So it's just the external site and is this just a warning that if not heeded they move onto the AT&T site. Now that would be very interesting.
coalnewbie

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 110K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93, Jotul 507
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross Invader 2
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:08 pm

A DDOS attack is pretty common and not something that is easily stopped. Matter of fact there has been a few on my host that has temporarily affected the performance of this site, note they weren't specifically targeting this site. There was just one early Wed. morning. Any site that is public site/network is susceptible to this however their public site is irrelevant to their operations. This is actually becoming quite a big issue becsue there is an steep escalation of occurrences that private companies like my host need to deal with. If you want to reead a really interesting first hand account of one of these attacks that will give you some background try this document:

http://www.stanford.edu/class/msande91s ... grcdos.pdf
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

jpete wrote:Sure it wasn't just built by the same guys who did the Obamacare one? :D

Funny you would mention that becsue based on what I read this is also what caused some of the very early issues with healthcare.gov. On the second page they were loading a lot of files specifically CSS and JS files. Typically for development you split them for easier identification and then aggregate them for deployment. The site basically DDOS'ed itself but that was fixed and not the only issue. :roll:
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite