Coal from Mammoth Materials

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Re: Coal from Mammoth Materials

PostBy: LDPosse On: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 pm

BlackBetty06 wrote:Me and my dad just got 3 ton each of nut coal from mammoth. Still burning wood but hoping this burns good. I ended last year burning UAE Harmony but seemed to clinker on me when i was burning really hot. It had Great heat output though.

I was happy with the Mammoth Materials coal, especially for the price. It definitely has more ash than the old UAE Harmony coal, but there didn't seem to be any noticable difference in coal consumption and heat output. I didn't get any clinkers with the Mammoth coal, which was the one downside to the old UAE Harmony coal.

Report back once you switch to coal and let us know what you think! 8-)
LDPosse

Stove/Furnace Make: DS Machine
Stove/Furnace Model: DS1500, Kozy King 100

PostBy: BlackBetty06 On: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:03 pm

I've been burning mammoth nut coal for a week now. I finally gave up wood till spring. I am very impressed so far. Coal burns long and hot and ignites quickly. It's a little dusty so I give it a sprits of water before I start digging. The ash seems to be the same or less than harmony and also has a slight redish tint to it. No clinkers so far either, just nice even heat.
BlackBetty06

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Elite Coal insert
Coal Size/Type: Mammoth materials Nut Anthracite
Other Heating: Wood, oil, dual fuel heat pump/condensing propane furnace
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Magnafire coal insert

PostBy: Jschreffler On: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I decided to give the coal from mammoth materials a try also. I purchased 10 buckets total for $35 I was charged. 5 buckets rice and 5 buckets buck. First I tried the rice coal and I felt it didn't throw out as much heat as the old harmony coal I used to get plus made much more ash. the rice coal was also was very dirty coal from my observation. It's definitely undersized and like another member posted probably closer to barley size. I also had a lot of rock in my ash. My review of the buck is much better. It was relatively clean and threw out a good amount of heat. I'm very pleased with the buck burning in my stove now.
Jschreffler

Stove/Furnace Make: Reading

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Visit Lehigh Anthracite