Beautiful heat

Beautiful heat

PostBy: 07roadstar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 am

Can't say enough about coals consistent heat in my house. The basement 2200 stove is purring along at a constant temperature. I went to bed and the temp inside the house was at 73 first floor and 70 second floor. Got up at a little after 4am and the temps are still the same. Unbelievable when the temps outside was dropping through out the night because right now its 24F. I never had my pellet stove do that!
Love it.
Brett
07roadstar

Stove/Furnace Make: DS Machine
Stove/Furnace Model: Basement #4 DS-2200

Re: Beautiful heat

PostBy: Rigar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:38 am

way. to go ! :up:
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

PostBy: Rigar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:40 am

where is Keesveille by the way?
Rigar

Visit Hitzer Stoves

PostBy: Lightning On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 am

You can thank your barometric damper for the steady heat. It keeps the negative pressure in the stove consistent, which in turn keeps the primary combustion air flow consistent. :D

During these periods of mild weather, I'm getting 24 hour burn times with only a variance of a few degrees over the load door.
Lightning

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut Size / White Ash

PostBy: 07roadstar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 am

Rigar wrote:where is Keesveille by the way?

150 Miles due north of Albany on I87 exit 34. I'm about 30 miles from Wilmington mountain which is also called Whiteface.
07roadstar

PostBy: Bruce M On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 am

07roadstar wrote:

150 Miles due north of Albany on I87 exit 34. I'm about 30 miles from Wilmington mountain which is also called Whiteface.

Also known as Canada.
Just kidding, but I do whole heartedly agree on the deep warmth coming from these stoves. The oil fired water baseboard that was my primary heat before left the house always feeling cold, the coal heat is absorbed into all the floors a walls and feels like I'm living inside a fur blanket.
Bruce M

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1627 basement stove

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:00 am

Bruce M wrote:Also known as Canada.

He is 30 miles South of me. :)
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/buck
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: Rigar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 am

Rob R. wrote:

Bruce M wrote:Also known as Canada.

He is 30 miles South of me. :)

.....now that is NORTH !!
Rigar

PostBy: 07roadstar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:26 am

Yes Rob is north and it gets colder were he is because of the winds. So how cold did it get for you Rob? I did buy 4 bags of Kimmel nut just to try it out. A lot of fines but guess it will have to do for now. The wife is liking the heat but I think its because the floor is warmer on the feet!! :funny:
07roadstar

PostBy: Photog200 On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

I am located 30 miles North of Syracuse (near Lake Ontario) and it was 22° here when I got up at 6:30.
Photog200

Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, & Kineo #15 base heater
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:07 am

07roadstar wrote:Yes Rob is north and it gets colder were he is because of the winds. So how cold did it get for you Rob? I did buy 4 bags of Kimmel nut just to try it out. A lot of fines but guess it will have to do for now. The wife is liking the heat but I think its because the floor is warmer on the feet!! :funny:

Until the lake freezes over we are usually a few degrees warmer than the surrounding area. 26F this morning with a NW breeze.

If your bride is happy you are on the right track. Don't be tempted to dump the ash pan into a different container in the basement...unless you want to explain the fine layer of ash on everything upstairs. Handle the ashes very carefully and carry them outside before dumping. I know that sounds like common sense, but you might be surprised how many have made that mistake.
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/buck
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: DePippo79 On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am

Happy myself. 26 outside and 72 in the house. Even the breezeway between the barn and house is a respectable 65. Before the stove would have had to turn that zone on to maintain 60. Stove cruising at 400deg. Still plenty of room to go if need be. Glad it only took me one season heating with oil to see the light. The heat from coal definitely is a welcome feeling after oming back in from outside. Have a good heating season. Matt
DePippo79

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 40
Coal Size/Type: Stove, nut/anthracite

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 am

DePippo79 wrote:.... Glad it only took me one season heating with oil to see the light.... Matt

Only one season with oil :shock: holy jiminey crickets, that glenwood has already paid for it's self! I'm happy for you and the family, many of the folks here don't know Hampton N.H. and besides the cold it is mighty windy there on the ocean
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: Rigar On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Photog200 wrote:I am located 30 miles North of Syracuse (near Lake Ontario) and it was 22° here when I got up at 6:30.

...thats where us guys from Syracuse send the lake effect!
...24 here this morning btw
Rigar

PostBy: DennisH On: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Whenever I have to shut down my wood-coal furnace for a day or two, I just hate the way the propane furnace heats compared to coal (or wood). When burning propane some parts of the house are warm, others are not. When burning coal or wood there is just a deep, even warmth that permeates every square inch of the house. There's just no comparison. Love coal! (and wood too!) :D
DennisH

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Visit Hitzer Stoves