Haunted Trail Ideas for Next Year...

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 9:21 am

I guess this fits under 'hobbies' but if not please move it to the appropriate place....

My kid decides last Thursday to have a halloween party on Sat night. no big deal, we routinely pull off short notice get togethers. However she mentions it would be cool to have a haunted trail thru the woods on the back side of the property. And that she hoped it would be scary enough the other kids wouldn't think it was 'lame'. OK, the pressure is on - good thing dollar store and wal mart put their halloween stuff on sale for 50% off on friday....

between spending $20 and using some stuff I have sitting around here I was able to come up with some stuff and get it set up on Saturday in time for dark. I recruited 5 friends to help out at various places on the trail with masks and props. we had the usual spiders/bats hanging from trees, dropping a basket ball sized spider via a pulley on them, jumping out after they crawled through a tarp tunnel, masked guy hitting them with silly string from an elevated stand, someone coming out a dog kennel in a zombie monkey mask, motion triggered skull and shrieks prop, somebody with a Jason mask and chainsaw, strobe lights on white trash bag ghosts and skeleton masked dummies. it is extremely dark back in those woods which added to the effect and the reviews from the kids indicated it was far from 'lame'.

so the challenge from the kids is to make it bigger for next year. I need help coming up with some ideas and thought I would ask now since halloween ideas are fresh in your mind! We have acres of woods to work with between our property and the three cooperating neighbors so the limiting factor is set up time and masked helpers.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”