Thanksgiving

Re: Thanksgiving

PostBy: freetown fred On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Damn, another year, another T-day. Be safe ,warm and full my friends :)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Full of What ? Baloney ? Horse Feathers ? What,What ??? Inquiring Coal Burning Minds need To Know,Fred !!! toothy
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Hambden Bob wrote:Full of What ? Baloney ? Horse Feathers ? What,What ??? Inquiring Coal Burning Minds need To Know,Fred !!! toothy

I'm thankful for a bin full of coal for the winter!
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Now you're talkin' Turkey,Larry !!
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: wsherrick On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm

I will be alone, as I am on most holidays.
I will be working through the night, taking others home to their family and sumptuous meals. I will be watching the track ahead for rock slides and stray deer as the train rumbles through the darkness.
I will have the signals to look out for, lonely sentinels to mark the passing of time and the miles as they speed by under the constant rolling of steel wheels on cold steel rails. Those passengers on the train who are looking forward to seeing their home and their families won't think of me up there in the engine, taking them where they want to go. But I am thinking of them and their comfort and safety. That's what I am paid for and my duty as well.
Attachments
8041205790_cb53c99855.jpg
(71.5 KiB) Viewed 8 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
Block signals at twilight.
[nepathumb]46175[/nepathumb]
wsherrick

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm

wsherrick wrote:I will be alone, as I am on most holidays.
I will be working through the night, taking others home to their family and sumptuous meals. I will be watching the track ahead for rock slides and stray deer as the train rumbles through the darkness.
I will have the signals to look out for, lonely sentinels to mark the passing of time and the miles as they speed by under the constant rolling of steel wheels on cold steel rails. Those passengers on the train who are looking forward to seeing their home and their families won't think of me up there in the engine, taking them where they want to go. But I am thinking of them and their comfort and safety. That's what I am paid for and my duty as well.

There's a lot to be thankful for there! It nearly brought tears to my eyes just reading this.
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey! at least you don't have to shovel coal to feed the beast. Take into consideration all the others that are with you troops, medical personnel all the others that work on 24/7 & 365 a year the beat goes on.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: Rigar On: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 pm

...Wishing all forum members and their families a happy , healthy and WARM Thanksgiving...! :)

...NEPA 's got your back , wsherrick.... Godspeed.
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

PostBy: mmcoal On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In times like these there's a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for a happy healthy family, a roof over our heads, food in our stomachs and all the other little comforts many of us take for granted.
mmcoal

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut

PostBy: Lightning On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 am

samhill wrote:Hey! at least you don't have to shovel coal to feed the beast. Take into consideration all the others that are with you troops, medical personnel all the others that work on 24/7 & 365 a year the beat goes on.

Shovel coal into it???!! That would be AWESOME hahaha.

Hey William, although you aren't with your family, I hope you find some reward in the fact that because of your perseverance, others will be reunited with there's.

Happy Thanksgiving Partner :D
Lightning

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut Size / White Ash