stove is blowing warm not hot

stove is blowing warm not hot

PostBy: jtice1984 On: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 pm

hey guys i need some help i have a reading juniata with the coal-trol ts2 system. the problem im having is when the feed rate is 99 and the convection fan is set on auto the air coming out of the vent is is 94 degrees.. i have turned my max feed up to 20 which gives me one inch of dead ash at the end of the chute. just seems as if the fan is blowing to hard and cooling the stove down and the air coming out is not as warm as it should be. the inside of the stove walls are around 400 degrees. is there a way to calibrate the convection fan to the system to get the air coming out hotter?

any help would be appericated
john
jtice1984

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading juniata
Stove/Furnace Make: reading

Re: stove is blowing warm not hot

PostBy: WNY On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 am

How much of an temp adjust on your thermostat are you going? you shouldn't go more than a couple degrees and let it catch up and settle out. The feedrate if at 99% is maxing out the stove, either the stove is not big enough to keep up or you requesting the temp too high and it would take a very long time to catch up if it can.

One inch of ash is good, you can bump the max up a couple points and see if you can get a little more heat out of it without pushing hot coals off the end.

You can also MANUALLY adjust the fan and put it on like 50-60% so the stove can maintain a hotter temperature without blower cooler air.
WNY

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: my stove blowing cool air

PostBy: ntp71 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I am no expert, however I have an Old Mill with the CoaLTrol set up. I think it is important to remember that as long as the CoalTrol is satisfied it doesn't matter if your stove is just warm instead of hot. It shouldn't be any hotter than it needs to be if the CoalTrol it is not calling for heat.

I have my convection fan set to run 24/7. There is a problem with my blower that if it gets too hot from the stove it will stop working, so I run it all the time to keep the blower cooled down. So when my coaltrol is not calling for heat my fan is still blowing although the air coming off is not as hot.

Not sure if this helps or not..it's just my $0.015

Neal
ntp71

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Reading Foundry Water Heater
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Mini Stoker
Baseburners & Antiques: Caloric UltraMatic Coal-Gas Range

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: Rigar On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm

what he said-
im not totally familiar with the coaltrol...but unless your home isnt 'warm'...94 temp air is ok...(unless ur trying to get the room to 95 degrees) :D
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

PostBy: jtice1984 On: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:23 am

i figured it out im not reaching my target temp of 69degrees with the max feed 25 so i increased the feed rate and now its blowing 109 degrees at the vent which is bring my house to the target temp and im burning just about the same amount of coal thanks for your responses.

john
jtice1984

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: reading juniata
Stove/Furnace Make: reading

Visit Lehigh Anthracite