Hunting stands

Hunting stands

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:06 pm

As usual trying to get everything finished last minute. Been working on this stand for a few months now but running out of weather and time. I am building this for my dad so he can hopefully continue hunting for many more yrs with me. Still need to finish the roof as well as finish and paint the deck. Also build a better set of steps but that will have to wait till next year.

Stand2.jpg
(35.17 KiB) Viewed 32 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]46205[/nepathumb]

Stand1.jpg
(30.79 KiB) Viewed 27 times
[nepathumb]46206[/nepathumb]
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Hunting stands

PostBy: Scottscoaled On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:13 pm

A condo!!!!! Coal heat included? :D
Scottscoaled

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520x4, 350, 700. Van Wert 400 x 2, 800, 1200.
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Impressive , built a nice ground blind myself to keep grandpop goin out with me also. Worth the time and effort to help keepin them enjoyin the things they love doin.
anthony7812

Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Is the front deck space for the hot tub ???? Or a fridge ??? Or a generator for the microwave and/or coffee pot ???

Rick
Rick 386

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Rick 386 wrote:Is the front deck space for the hot tub ???? Or a fridge ??? Or a generator for the microwave and/or coffee pot ???

Rick

The dancing girls. :dancing:
Flyer5

PostBy: Dirty Steve On: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Impressive shooting house for sure! Your design or from plans you acquired? Always dreamed of having a few of those more permanent structures. Got some ladder stands and a tripod stand now. Been leaving them out on our private farm property the last few years. Remove the pads and LOCKED to tree with cable locks. People take things.... even from private land that is posted....... :sick:
Dirty Steve

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil- Off line
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

PostBy: Rick 386 On: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Here's mine for hunting in MD. Took this pic right after painting the outside to sort of blend in a little.
Exterior dimensions are 5' X 6' X 8' high front roof and 7' rear roof height. Walls are 2x4's with 1/2" OSB painted in camo pattern. Roof is also OSB covered with self stick roofing. Roof does overhang the walls by 1' to keep rain out while the windows are open. Rain hitting the roof does cause drowsiness..................

Second pic is the command center.......

Plenty of room inside to hang the weapon of choice, binoculars, extra coat, or whatever. Floor was carpeted with a remnant to keep noise down when rolling from window to window. Window height was in keeping with the chair height to use the sill as a resting place.

Sorry to the purists. I'm not in this to trace my hunting and gathering roots. I'm in it to put food on the table. And I want to be somewhat comfortable doing so. It is big enough for the grandson to join me if his dad's similar box blind doesn't have any activity. The chair does somewhat recline for the afternoon siesta time. And I have room to stretch out my legs.

If it's brown, it's down !!! :rambo2:

It's calling my name right now. I will be there at 0600 tomorrow morning....................

MD_Box_Blind.jpg
(227.51 KiB) Viewed 12 times
Exterior picture
[nepathumb]46233[/nepathumb]

MD_Box_Blind_Command.jpg
(135.46 KiB) Viewed 8 times
Command center
[nepathumb]46234[/nepathumb]

Rick
Rick 386

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Dirty Steve wrote:Impressive shooting house for sure! Your design or from plans you acquired? Always dreamed of having a few of those more permanent structures. Got some ladder stands and a tripod stand now. Been leaving them out on our private farm property the last few years. Remove the pads and LOCKED to tree with cable locks. People take things.... even from private land that is posted....... :sick:

My self. Actually is was supposed to be 6 sides and somewhere I screwed up. But it works well the roof was a bugger. Lots of cutting.
Flyer5

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Rick 386 wrote:Here's mine for hunting in MD. Took this pic right after painting the outside to sort of blend in a little.
Exterior dimensions are 5' X 6' X 8' high front roof and 7' rear roof height. Walls are 2x4's with 1/2" OSB painted in camo pattern. Roof is also OSB covered with self stick roofing. Roof does overhang the walls by 1' to keep rain out while the windows are open. Rain hitting the roof does cause drowsiness..................

Second pic is the command center.......

Plenty of room inside to hang the weapon of choice, binoculars, extra coat, or whatever. Floor was carpeted with a remnant to keep noise down when rolling from window to window. Window height was in keeping with the chair height to use the sill as a resting place.

Sorry to the purists. I'm not in this to trace my hunting and gathering roots. I'm in it to put food on the table. And I want to be somewhat comfortable doing so. It is big enough for the grandson to join me if his dad's similar box blind doesn't have any activity. The chair does somewhat recline for the afternoon siesta time. And I have room to stretch out my legs.

If it's brown, it's down !!! :rambo2:

It's calling my name right now. I will be there at 0600 tomorrow morning....................

MD_Box_Blind.jpg

MD_Box_Blind_Command.jpg

Rick

That chair. I would be asleep more than awake. :D :up:
Flyer5

PostBy: sperry On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

They sure are some impressive stands. Making me rethink my tree lounge for sure. Have any harvests been big old bucks? I always wanted to build a condo, but was thinking that the matures would be too wise to walk by it. Best of luck to all and have a safe hunt. Sure hope some good buck pics will be posted.
sperry

Stove/Furnace Make: efm/alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: 520/fireplace insert