...Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Re: 7500 Members !!!!!!

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:01 am

Jesus Richard, busy busy busy. Is that an automated setup for spammers or is that all done by hand? :eek2:
anthony7812

Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

PostBy: Richard S. On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:17 am

That's automated. I have a list of IP's and email addresses of active spammers in the last 24 hours that is downloaded once every hour. If the IP or email matches they can't register.

That catches most of them and there is few other things I do.... For example most of these spam registrations are automated. The default time zone is GMT -5, many will submit the first selection in the list which is conveniently uninhabitable. :) Very few people are going to switch the time zone ,and no one is going to select that one.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:44 am

:D
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:22 am

Rockin' !
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 am

Hey Dave, thank God they had the sub-titles so I could understand that one :clap: toothy
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:48 pm

freetown fred wrote:Hey Dave, thank God they had the sub-titles so I could understand that one :clap: toothy

It was the quickest I could find. :D
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: dcrane On: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 pm

7500 members :woot: now....lets we see here.... if each one just donated $10 bucks for the best coal & coal stove advise on the entire planet.... is that enough for Richard to bring some Lobsters to next year meet N greet :up:

and maybe some Cigars just for Dougie :shh:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 am

DieselBob wrote:
Richard S. wrote:I lied! I went an looked and it's only about average of 850 per day since Sept. when I started logging it.

No you didn't lie you just need to use the correct government speak. You were unaware of the change in statistics.

The current term for that is "you evolved." :lol:
coalkirk

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

PostBy: Scottscoaled On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm

This is a tremendous website! What is really sort of funny is that it isn't quite as big and far reaching as you /we would think. I talk to several coal distributors in the last couple years and some of them have over 20 thousand customers. The 7500 are but a fraction of actual coal burners in Pa. I for one , wish that the rest of them would learn to post here and multiply the knowledge base to where it should be. Really! Why should a guy with an AA 130 who lives in Ohio and has only burned a couple years know everything there is to know about EFM 520's or Van Wert 600's? Really! Has he ever even seen one first hand? Most people I know from Pa. have this thing going about " coal in, ash out". That simple. Other websites I frequent ,the experts have most of the say. Here, it's not that i don't enjoy reading all the posts, its that i don't like sorting thru all the posts from the new guys trying to get their post counts up. :)
Scottscoaled

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520x4, 350, 700. Van Wert 400 x 2, 800, 1200.
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck

PostBy: dcrane On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Scottscoaled wrote:This is a tremendous website! What is really sort of funny is that it isn't quite as big and far reaching as you /we would think. I talk to several coal distributors in the last couple years and some of them have over 20 thousand customers. The 7500 are but a fraction of actual coal burners in Pa. I for one , wish that the rest of them would learn to post here and multiply the knowledge base to where it should be. Really! Why should a guy with an AA 130 who lives in Ohio and has only burned a couple years know everything there is to know about EFM 520's or Van Wert 600's? Really! Has he ever even seen one first hand? Most people I know from Pa. have this thing going about " coal in, ash out". That simple. Other websites I frequent ,the experts have most of the say. Here, it's not that i don't enjoy reading all the posts, its that i don't like sorting thru all the posts from the new guys trying to get their post counts up. :)

Its really only very recently that this site has become as active and as large as it has, before 2 years ago im sure Rich can attest the membership/daily posts/activity compared to today was only a small fraction, it does not take long before this larger number of posts/members/activity level multiplies & multiplies again (and these next 2 years the growth will be 10 fold the prior 2 years)... "2 then 4 then 8 and so on, and so on, and so on"... Im sure Richard is well aware of these facts about web site/forum development (the hard part is over for him at this point and the forum starts taking a life of its own)... Rich now can spend most his time just making sure its up & running, protected and backed up each day, added mods as needed (at some point in the years to come he will need super mods), and lastly the most important thing is making sure he keeps up with server and capacity we want and need as these next years progress. Its a wonderful thing to raise a tiny baby into a man that fends for himself and produces for himself and is self sufficient and thats EXACTLY what Richard has done! it happens to about 1 out every 10,000 - 20,000 web sites/forums born (to give you some indication of how difficult it is and how badly the odds are stacked against you)... unless you have a celebrity or large company under your thumb (Richard did not!).
dcrane

PostBy: Scottscoaled On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:23 pm

My point proven.
Scottscoaled

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520x4, 350, 700. Van Wert 400 x 2, 800, 1200.
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck

PostBy: Carbon12 On: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm

I read somewhere recently that about 200,000 people use anthracite coal as a primary or secondary heat source. I wonder how many of those, who have Internet access, are even aware of this Forum? If I was a manufacturer, I would put a link to this Forum on my website. It would surely cut down on calls to the dealers and manufacturers by people new to burning coal.
Carbon12

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

PostBy: dcrane On: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Carbon12 wrote:I read somewhere recently that about 200,000 people use anthracite coal as a primary or secondary heat source. I wonder how many of those, who have Internet access, are even aware of this Forum? If I was a manufacturer, I would put a link to this Forum on my website. It would surely cut down on calls to the dealers and manufacturers by people new to burning coal.

coal stove manufacturers & stove dealers should all have links to this forum available to the consumers. I grew up with coal, coal dealers, stoves, stove manufactures, stove dealers and trust me whn I tell you... their is BAR NONE no book, no web site, no manual, no instruction that even comes close to the archives in this forum (many of the folks in this forum are so much more knowledgeable on these fronts than 99% of those available to most consumers including building inspectors, dealers and servicemen). In particular when it comes to vintage and antique coal products, stoves, boilers (on that particular front this IS the ONLY place in world info is available at all!)
dcrane

PostBy: Carbon12 On: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Dcrane, you are correct! Never really thought about it this way but we are all digitally ARCHIVING the art and science of anthracite coal burning. Unfortunately, many of the old timers are,....old. Oral history only survives as long as it is useful. Written history survives, theoretically, forever. Hey all,...let's help keep the coal fires burning in perpetuity! :D
Carbon12

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace