ATTENTION!! WAYLAND resident gun owners: ***ALERT***

ATTENTION!! WAYLAND resident gun owners: ***ALERT***

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:55 pm

This is how it's going down folks - any way they can, at every level. There's no question we're in the fight of our lives to preserve the Second Amendment!!

If you live in Wayland, PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

From GOAL:

GOAL has learned that the town warrant up for vote contains language which would make the lawful discharge of firearms illegal.

This would include the Wayland Rod & Gun Club. If you know any residents of Wayland please urge them to attend the town meeting this Tuesday night and defeat this petition.

Please note, the town meeting is open only to residents, please do not attend if you are not a resident.

Here's a link to the town warrant: http://www.wayland.ma.us/Pages/WaylandM ... 014Art.pdf

The article in question is on the very last page, of course ... :roll:
Last edited by SMITTY on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: ATTENTION!! WAYLAND resident gun owners: ***ALERT***

PostBy: lsayre On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:57 pm

I hope that's not where you live! :shock:
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Thankfully I'm nowhere near this place. Nobody in my town would allow this to even get this far! :no1:
SMITTY

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I know this town and am not surprised. At one time it was all farm land, apple orchards etc. If you follow Commonwealth ave out of Boston, rt. 30, you will stumble into on of the most Martha Stewart type of towns with rolling hills and post card Christmas scenes. My sister's father in law remarried a woman from Wayland and when she died he had to sell their 250 yr old colonial because he couldn't afford the taxes. It was once a sleeper town when I was a kid, (black and white t.v. and 3 channels kid!) Now every other house is a doctor or lawyer with a mom with nothin' to do but make you do whatever the f_ _ k they want!!!!!
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Ahh yeah that's right - this is a metro Boston town. Well, that figures! Explains alot ....

That part of the state should just annex itself and form it's own communist utopia! Cambridge can be the new capitol ... :idea: :lol:
SMITTY

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:51 pm

We need Wile e coyote to take a giant hand saw and cut along rt. 128 and push it out to sea...of course I would warn my mom first, she won't leave she's 75 yrs. young and works 2 jobs!
michaelanthony

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Kinda reminds me of a bunch of people that bought houses near a local race track. They didn't know it would be noisy on race nights and wanted the track shut down. MORONS. Well it didn't work out well for them and the track will remain open.
SuperBeetle

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:09 am

With at least one election cycle already past since all this crap started I am having a difficult time with concern. They voted in the dirtbags doing this. Correct me if wrong
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: labman On: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 am

They don't refer to it as The Communist Wealth Of Mass. for nothing! Lots of nut cases up there!
labman

Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: MK II

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 pm

**UPDATE**

As is par for the course, the original meeting was cancelled due to "weather concerns" ... :| :wtf:

So, here's the latest info directly from GOAL:

The Finance Committee warrant hearing scheduled for Tuesday, January 21, 2014, was cancelled due to weather concerns.

The hearing is now scheduled for Monday, January 27, 2014, at 7:15 p.m at the Wayland Town Building.

Non-residents can attend. Non-residents can ask questions subject to permission by the Moderator. It is our understanding that questions will be considered, but commentary will be discouraged.

Here is info from the town of Wayland website:

The Finance Committee will hold its Annual Town Meeting Warrant Article Hearing on Monday, January 27, 2014, at 7:15 pm in the Wayland Town Building. (The original meeting date of January 21, 2014, was cancelled due to weather.) This hearing is held to facilitate public discussion and understanding of the articles submitted for Annual Town Meeting to be held on Thursday, April 3, 2014, at 7:30 pm at the Wayland High School Field House. This hearing is held in conformance with Wayland's Bylaws, and the public is encouraged to attend. The text of the articles that have been submitted is available here.

For non-standard articles, the Finance Committee requires at least one member of each sponsoring board or a petitioner to attend the hearing to present a brief synopsis of the article and be available for questions from the Finance Committee and the public. Articles will be discussed in the order submitted unless other arrangements are made with the Finance Director. The Finance Committee or the Board of Selectmen will present the standard articles
SMITTY

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Cheer Up,Smits! It'll be OK,Little Buckaroo! On the bright Side,They're digging up Alexander Solzhenitsyn as we speak so that he can write an Award-Winning Best Seller regarding that Gulag you're Living In!
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:48 pm

:funny: I'm a bit late in seeing your comment Bob!

Here's the latest on this as quoted from GOAL:

Attention - Wayland Registered Voters!

& Friends and Family, we need your support to protect our right to bear arms!

---------------------------------------------------

There is an article proposed for the 2014 Wayland Town Meeting

that will prohibit the discharge of firearms in Wayland

Wayland residents who are registered voters need to attend Town Meeting and vote against this proposed article.

--------------------------------

When: Town Meeting - Starting April 3, 2014 (7:30) & April 7, 8 & 10

Where: Wayland High School

--------------------------------

Wayland Rod & Gun Club has begun organizing to stop this article.

Please sign up for their newsletter for updates regarding the article and town
meeting by going to http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/r ... 1va4b3612e

Also, visit their Facebook page to see the latest updates and news at
https://www.facebook.com/Protect2ndamendmentwayland

Organizer Contacts:

Wayland Rod & Gun Club | 508-877-2108 | info@waylandgc.org
Adam Lyons | 508-281-1224 (7-9 PM) | lyonsa@gmail.com

PDF of Town Meeting Articles:
http://www.wayland.ma.us/Pages/WaylandM ... 014Art.pdf

Town Meeting Schedule: http://www.wayland.ma.us/Pages/WaylandM ... en/ATM2014

GOAL will continue to work with Wayland Club Leadership and will update with information as it develops.

SMITTY

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I just don't get it. Didn't the whole independence thing start in Mass some 240 plus years ago. Now a majority are just willing to give it up. I cannot believe some of the politicians that have been voted in up there. :doh:
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: labman On: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Flyer5 wrote:I just don't get it. Didn't the whole independence thing start in Mass some 240 plus years ago. Now a majority are just willing to give it up. I cannot believe some of the politicians that have been voted in up there. :doh:

I remember once reading a "quote" that went something like this: He who gives up his freedom for security, deserves neither! I know it was one of our founding fathers, who are rolling over in their graves due to such foolishness.
labman

Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: MK II

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Yep - that was Ben Franklin. Those words carry the same weight they did over 200 years ago.

GOOD NEWS!! Wayland ban DEFEATED!! :punk: :clap: Patriots have come out in force!

From GOAL:

Wayland Ban Defeated!
Great news out of Wayland. Thank you to all who took action!

This is a statement from Wayland Rod & Gun Club leadership:

We have just received word that the "PROHIBIT DISCHARGE OF WEAPONS IN WAYLAND" Town Meeting article has been withdrawn. The other article, "NO TOWN SUPPORT FOR WEAPONS DISCHARGE" was previously withdrawn.

Thank you everyone for your efforts during the past 45 days. This could not have happened without your support and effort. While we may never know what caused the withdrawal, it may very well have been the petitioner's increasing awareness of our efforts and seriousness of purpose.

We must, however, remain vigilant. Just because all the articles have been removed from this year's Town Meeting, does not mean that they cannot be put forth again as soon as next year. Let's do all we can to keep this "right" in the public's eye and mind into the foreseeable future. Let's continue to protect all shooting sports for future generations.

Thanks again for all you have done to assure the continuation of our shooting sports.

GOAL would like to thank the leadership of Wayland Rod & Gun Club and all who worked to ensure the articles were defeated.

SMITTY