more coal

more coal

PostBy: BigFoot On: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Had to order more coal , had 8 ton in aug, should have been good til march but the colder weather has used all but about a ton and when I start hitting the floor of my ben I don't like it , and with the snow I had to plow around the house and to the opening in the ben at the back of the house ,in march should have been good to fill up any time with no problem , didn't like the burn rate of the coal I had this year burn fast and had a lot of ash ,well gitting 3 ton Monday should be good til the fall, will fill up with 8 or 9 ton in aug hope I get better coal .
BigFoot

Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

Re: more coal

PostBy: cArNaGe On: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:52 pm

I'm in the same boat as you... I was going to clean up the snow around the side of my house Today to make room.
cArNaGe

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:37 pm

I switched to a different coal this year, and I'm using less, and it's warmer in the house. Even though it's been colder than previous years :D
SWPaDon

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous. Labeled as 'Big Vein', about the size of acorns. Makes a lot of ash, but heats well and lasts longer than my previous coal.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: BigFoot On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Had 3 ton delivered , price up at $200 a ton from Casey Kosta ,still lots of wood in it ,should be good til fall!
BigFoot

Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

Visit Lehigh Anthracite