Drive a big truck..

Drive a big truck..

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Then you know, always look up.... no one got hurt...

grumpy

Re: Drive a big truck..

PostBy: Carbon12 On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Oh,...$hit!!!
Carbon12

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

PostBy: titleist1 On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 pm

i always wondered if anybody ever paid attention to those clearance heights they post and if they are accurate or not!
titleist1

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

PostBy: WNY On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

i;ve see that one a few times....oops.

They do that all the time here we live, the underpass is only about 11', the tractor trailers are typically higher than that....
WNY

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Like this..

grumpy

PostBy: Carbon12 On: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Most drive through windows at fast food places have a warning chain hanging before the roof over the window area. So should that bridge! :shock:
Carbon12

Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

PostBy: gaw On: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 am

WNY wrote:i;ve see that one a few times....oops.

They do that all the time here we live, the underpass is only about 11', the tractor trailers are typically higher than that....

New York requires all overpasses under 14’ to be marked 12” lower than actual height unless it is marked “actual.” Some of the underpasses on I-87 near Plattsburgh are marked “actual” like “13’8” actual clearance” so they are not much higher than that but many bridges you see in towns and cities or on other state highways that may be marked as 12’7” will accommodate a 13’6” truck because they are actually 13’7” high. If that is not confusing enough some of those signs may not be right. If the road was paved and the sign was not updated you may not have that full 12” margin.
gaw

Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

PostBy: cArNaGe On: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:42 pm

gaw wrote:
WNY wrote:i;ve see that one a few times....oops.

New York requires all overpasses under 14’ to be marked 12” lower than actual height unless it is marked “actual.” Some of the underpasses on I-87 near Plattsburgh are marked “actual” like “13’8” actual clearance” so they are not much higher than that but many bridges you see in towns and cities or on other state highways that may be marked as 12’7” will accommodate a 13’6” truck because they are actually 13’7” high. If that is not confusing enough some of those signs may not be right. If the road was paved and the sign was not updated you may not have that full 12” margin.

I learned that the hard way this summer. Picked up my new fiver and was headed home. Bridge said 12' 6" and my trailer was 13'. After I back up over 1/4 mile a farmer runs out to tell me that the bridge is marked incorrectly. As he's telling me a big rig goes by and under the bridge... GRrrrrr I was pissed.
cArNaGe

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 pm

An entire website dedicated to the bridge in the last vid ... :lol:

http://11foot8.com/
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler