Missed a a Beaver Oak

pineyguy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF-250, Mark 2

Post by pineyguy » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 7:51 am

I missed out on 2 Beaver Oak stoves on Craigslist. One was functional, the other was a parts stove. The pair was listed for $250. I emailed the guy as soon as I saw the ad (it said it was listed 2 days prior), but they were already sold. I try to check new listings every day, but I was working nightshift and missed it. The only reference for price I found was that one sold for $529 sometime. Does anybody have one or know what they're worth? I'm really bummed that I missed out. Looked like a really nice stove. I can't save the picture, but here's a link to the ad as long as it's still up.

**Broken Link(S) Removed**

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 12:55 pm

pineyguy wrote:I missed out on 2 Beaver Oak stoves on Craigslist. One was functional, the other was a parts stove. The pair was listed for $250. I emailed the guy as soon as I saw the ad (it said it was listed 2 days prior), but they were already sold. I try to check new listings every day, but I was working nightshift and missed it. The only reference for price I found was that one sold for $529 sometime. Does anybody have one or know what they're worth? I'm really bummed that I missed out. Looked like a really nice stove. I can't save the picture, but here's a link to the ad as long as it's still up.

**Broken Link(S) Removed**
That's too bad you missed out. I see it even has a magazine tube standing up to the left of it.

Paul

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 12:58 pm

is that a coal magazine standing next to the stove ? that alone would have been worth the buy even if you just flipped the stoves again.

:lol: :lol: ya beat me to it Paul.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 1:48 pm

KingCoal wrote:is that a coal magazine standing next to the stove ? that alone would have been worth the buy even if you just flipped the stoves again.

:lol: :lol: ya beat me to it Paul.
:D

I saw that before I noticed the parts stove. I'd Love to get my hands on a magazine for a Glenwood Oak as a pattern for casting new ones.

Paul

janicemm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: beaver oak

Post by janicemm » Fri. Mar. 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi. I was searching online for info about the Beaver Oak coal stove. I have one for sale. We bought it about 3 years ago, our home was built in 1888 and very breezy and cold in the winter. The person we bought it from said that we would be wearing shorts if we put it in our basement. It never got installed and has been in our barn ever since. It is in a stall with my sons big saw so it has been very protected. Now my husband passed on and I need to sell everything. If you are interested please contact me. I am in Northampton

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”