Draft Ayailable for Crane 404 Install

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 8:09 am

FINALLY--direct from the CRANE man--nice dc:) I guess the point being--after all the didactic dust settles, the proof IS still in the pudding ;)

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 8:38 am

I'm glad you have a sense of humor as well... I realize there may be some apprehension or doubt dealing with a "short chimney" and being fairly young in the coal burning sense.

My efforts are directed towards the big picture and for you to assume it is a personal directive would be in error. Many if not most arrive here looking for answers to the numerous, as well as yet to be thought of questions.

I feel we are responsible as well as vulnerable, an impressionable person or persons is now privy to operating a wood stove with out any draft control devise with out the knowledge or description of your Pavlovian observations.

I asked questions, not to ridicule or embarrass but for clarification. I walk the line in uncertain terrain at times when safety is in question but I display this to those more informed and educated in private. We can touch millions with one key stroke.

Every day we have the opportunity to improve our lives and others indirectly. I would hope you understand you CAN assist all the while you are looking for answers.

I follow the forum in hopes of learning and your thread has interest.

Yes you won 2 to 1, now go clean your room and wash up we're going to McDonalds! :lol:

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 9:12 am

Dad does that mean I get the happy meal toy?? LOL
Yes I have a sense of humor and being an engineer you see the world in some strange ways at times and believe little if no math to back it up. Saying that for me all basic concepts need to be clear enough I can explain them to a first grader and they get it. The chimney for me is a device that works on a lower density air mass rising and it is lower density due the temperature and moisture content differences. Mathematically the source of the heat to change air density does not matter just that it happened and to what degree does matter.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 9:37 am

[quote="ddahlgren"]Dad does that mean I get the happy meal toy?? LOL
Yes I have a sense of humor and being an engineer you see the world in some strange ways at times and believe little if no math to back it up. Saying that for me all basic concepts need to be clear enough I can explain them to a first grader and they get it. The chimney for me is a device that works on a lower density air mass rising and it is lower density due the temperature and moisture content differences. Mathematically the source of the heat to change air density does not matter just that it happened and to what degree does matter.[/quote]

How tight is the home, without what is called "make up air" you house will become depressurized and you may get unfavorable results in your measurements. Having your set up may benefit with an outside combustion air source and give some additional observations to consider and compare in your quest for satisfactory results.
Being called Dad is top shelf! Can't wait to see the 404 in all it's glory.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Fri. Mar. 14, 2014 3:18 pm

My house is an 1874 Victorian 500 ft from river inlet and anything but tight. It is a carpenter gothic in design.
No OAK needed for this place.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”