New Here Info on My Trianco Redfre

ajacobes
Stoker Coal Boiler: trianco redfyre G80-95
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: waste oil

Post by ajacobes » Mon. Apr. 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi new here looking for any info on operation starting just fired it up tonight to try it and in not sure proper process or if any one can assist me with operation manual model G80-95 coal boiler thanks tony

Short Bus
Stoker Coal Boiler: Kewanee boiler with Anchor stoker
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut / Sub-bituminous C
Other Heating: Propane wall furnace back up only

Post by Short Bus » Tue. Apr. 08, 2014 1:29 am

Is that handfed?
If handfed probably don't want the rice coal I see under your name.
Where are you?
Just need a little more information.
I see some units online, are they English?

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. Apr. 08, 2014 4:19 am

This was a no sleep night. Woke up at 2:30 AM and checked the forum.

I Researched Trianco and got quite an education. This is primarily a UK floor standing boiler and fireplace insert that supplies hot water for domestic or primary hydronic heating. It seems like you can have any color you want as long as it's white. I did get a lot of information on smokeless coal fuels for use in gravity fed boilers and furnaces. It seems the most popular fuel for the Trianco is the anthracite "grains." Judging from the size it appears to fall between a large US sizing of anthracite rice and a small buckwheat size. I could find nothing on how it feeds, shaking or riddling the grates, photo's of the grates. The grates are called fireplates. I couldn't find any photo's of the insides, grates, gravity feed system, nothing. They seem to be very stingy with internal photo's.

The exact same TRG models appear to have been around since the early 1960's. Your model new averages around 3,000 pounds or at the current exchange rate $4,990. It has a 5 year warranty and is sized out at 80,000 BTU's or 23KW.

If this is truly a redfire then it's a lot older than the 1960's. I also found that Trianco no longer exists. It was founded in 1850 and was purchased by TR Engineeriing Limited in August of 2010. I did find that you could contact TR Engineering as listed below.

TR Engineering Limited,
Thorncliffe,
Chapeltown,
Sheffield,
S35 2PH,
England.

Tel: +44 (0) 114 257 2300
Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa. 17921

ajacobes
Stoker Coal Boiler: trianco redfyre G80-95
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: waste oil

Post by ajacobes » Tue. Apr. 08, 2014 7:04 am

thanks for great lead I was told it was new in 1985 or so it has a flat plate the coal sits on and a pusher shoves it forward some will fall in ash pan . it is gravity fed with rice coal and it can be auto-as stoker or manual as im using at this time im located in east pa. around Allentown in ( USA) thanks

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. Apr. 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Can you post some photo's of the inards of this beaste?

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”