Marty's Bus

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Apr. 15, 2014 9:08 pm

What a great location that camp is in! A view like that will cleanse the soul of all that ails you. Even if you can't make it today, just knowing that it's there for you is enough. ;)

We've got an inch of rain down here - might be time to test out that new axle and winch! :D

Page 11! WOOOT! :woot:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Apr. 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Ze Bus ! >>>>>>0>0>>>>>>0>: She justa keeps a Rollin' !! :lol:

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 6:17 am

Good day! My hand is back to normal. Another 2 or 3 days of antibiotics to take. I'll go see my Dr in a few weeks & we'll talk about whether or not to have that steel splinter removed. I'm thinking I can live with it. I took a giant rare Earth magnet & can not make it induce pain so there can't be that much steel involved. If it ain't busted, why fix it?

This bus trip might be longer than we think. A few weeks back you could have convinced me that Marty had weeks, not months, but now..... it seems to me she's having a bit of a reprieve. What's that word? Ahhhh, remission! I'm no Dr, but it seems to me that we've gone from witnessing a slow downhill slide, to a stable ride that could go on for a long time. Smitty's good driving? Maybe, but, for whatever reason...maybe just better drug control.... Marty is having less coughing & not as strained. She is having a pain in her back that's getting to be a rough bump in the road, but pain we can manage. Heating pad, back rubs, pills, they all help. It may be a good time to buy stock in Motrin and Naproxin. ;)

Morality! Dag nab it. How come we had to be brought up with that? More dark humor.... gosh, maybe I shouldn't mention it. Other patients ...patients with no morals.... patients with a terminal disease, they might start a fad of sorts. A Marty with no morals should be out there robbing banks! So what if she get's caught! What are they going to do, give her life in jail? Stop ittttt! I thought of that yesterday while Marty was sleeping. Eloise & I had a good laugh. Morals though... they do guide us in a powerful way. The reason we don't fear death is that we know what waits for us on the other side. If we went robbing banks...well... we'd still know what awaits. Yikes! Let's not go there! OK.... enough of the silliness. Back to enjoying each day for what it brings. Yesterday was a visit with friends and strawberry cheesecake. Yummmmm.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 7:45 am

Glad to hear the bus ride is having a smoother go. Everyday is a gift whether you are ill or not. Live each one to the fullest. I like the dark humor. I've thought if I was ever on an airplane that was losing its battle with gravity, I'd grab the best looking gal on board and lay a big wet kiss on her. :lol:

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 7:57 am

Freddy wrote:I'll go see my Dr in a few weeks & we'll talk about whether or not to have that steel splinter removed … If it ain't busted, why fix it?
Ask him whether it would be a problem (i.e. if it would move) if you ever have an MRI. Is there any way to tell whether it is ferrous? Might it be aluminum or something that wouldn’t be affected by magnetism? They say the minerals in the human body are worth about 78 cents, so you are probably worth 79.
Freddy wrote:A Marty with no morals should be out there robbing banks! So what if she get's caught!
I told a druggy friend that I was scared of heroin, LSD, and the like, so I figured I’d wait until I was very old and then try them. Then I’d maybe say, “Damn! All those wasted years!” So tell her to go for it. You can store the loot at my place and I’ll take good care of it.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi Freddy,

Speaking of heating pads - have you tried the new fangled ones that you put in the microwave? I got one to use on the bus when it was so cold out and now I swear by them. The one I have has Velcro straps to keep it place. My sister picked one up that is a "pocket" for her feet. The best thing is that you don't have a cord to trip over or get tangled with in the bed. Heated for 1 minute in the micro wave can last hours. Check it out, boy what an improvement. Take care, Lisa

coalder
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 160
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: wood parlor stove

Post by coalder » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Freddy, The only thing better than your morning breakfast would be your breakfast at that little yellow camp. Very charming to say the least. The best to you, and hugs to Marty.
Jim

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 6:10 am

We have one microwaveable heating pad..... it's horseshoe shaped, made to go around your neck. It works well! I'm not sure what's in it, perhaps rice. Sometimes it's got a bit of an Earthy smell, but not objectionable. I've heard of making your own. Just stitch up your favorite shape & fill it with:
Uncooked rice
Wheat
Feed corn
Buckwheat hulls
Barley
Oatmeal
Beans
Flax seed
Cherry pits

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, love. It all helps. It's looking like the first trip to north camp might be the first weekend in May.

Happy Easter!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 9:02 am

Goog morning Marty & Freddy and Happy Easter,don't worry guys this bus line has a unlimited number of drivers, fuel, and backup busses so the trip has no destination it just goes on and on ;) .
Thoughts and prayers to the two of you,take care. Keepaeyeonit :)

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Happy Easter,Marty,Freddy,and,Miss Eloise ! Travel On,Gang! :up: :dancing:

Freddy

Post by Freddy » Tue. Apr. 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Well... it's been a bit bumpy but finally got the wheels out of the ditch & things are a bit smoother. She's had a tough time with this pain, but, I think finally we got it figured out. A combination of 37 different drugs given at 7 minute intervals has finally given proper relief. Ohhhh, maybe it's not that many or that often but now that the Dr's have it figured out, we are back to playing cribbage & going for walks with the dogs. Marty even went grocery shopping with Eloise today. Geepers! Don't give two girls a debit card! Fastest I ever see $300 disappear! But... we do have a 2 month supply of coffee & enough goodies to give everyone on the bus two cavities each! Tomorrow.... fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
My girls are coming up from Boston this weekend for a visit. Eve is bringing her love seat with her for me to reupholster. It's a quick & easy job. I'll try to remember to take some pics. I built the love seat for her when she was in college.

OK... let's skip the next toll booth & see if they catch us!

newbie in ny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 160
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite

Post by newbie in ny » Tue. Apr. 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Glad to hear you got the meds figured out and that Marty can enjoy some outings. Chocolate chip cookies sounds yummy!
Skipping the toll booth sounds like fun! I'm in!

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Apr. 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Glad to hear they were able to "Crack The Code" and get Marty some Pain Relief. A Day Shared is Truly the Best Of Days for The Two Of You! :up:

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Apr. 30, 2014 11:03 am

Since your in reupholstering mode Freddy ....

Think this'll fit on the roof? :lol:

Ol' couch ain't what she used to be ...

Glad to hear things are under control up there. :) :cheers:

Attachments

Couch, ripped.JPG
.JPG | 150.4KB | Couch, ripped.JPG

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Apr. 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Glad to hear Freddy, I couldn't help but notice on your visit to Millinocket Marty's smile can warm a room. :)

Return to “Health”