The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm

samhill wrote:This is the last I'll post on this subject, if you all believe that your individual thoughts trump all constitutional laws then have at it.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... nd/360587/



FTA:

The U.S. Supreme Court later ruled in Texas v. White in 1869 that secession had been unconstitutional and that "the Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible states."


That disagrees with the Declaration of Independence for starters.

But just because SCOTUS says it, doesn't make it right. "Separate but equal" was ruled constitutional too but they were wrong.

If government governs at the consent of the governed, who are they to tell me what is or isn't right?

It's like the employees telling the employer how to run the business. It doesn't work like that.

For too long people believe we are at the bottom of the pile when in reality, we are at the top and the states and the country flow FROM us.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Some of us are obviously trying to be good citizens, while others of us are just trying to be good people.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/josh ... -citizens/
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: tjnamtiw On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

I never could understand how we need a unanimous vote in a jury trial to find someone guilty of breaking the law yet SCOTUS can continuously vote along party lines and make new laws that we all are subject to. Shouldn't they also need a unanimous agreement to do something so crucial that affects ALL OF US.
tjnamtiw
 
Other Heating: Sopka Cook stove


Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

tjnamtiw wrote:I never could understand how we need a unanimous vote in a jury trial to find someone guilty of breaking the law yet SCOTUS can continuously vote along party lines and make new laws that we all are subject to. Shouldn't they also need a unanimous agreement to do something so crucial that affects ALL OF US.


Good point, perhaps they should likewise be unanimous instead of a simple majority. That said, my copy of the Constitution doesn't mention anything about the SCOTUS making laws.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

tjnamtiw wrote:
samhill wrote:What is that tj, self help or an autobiography?


It's self-help, sam, trying to understand the workings of a Democratic mind that can warp reality like approaching light speed.

:)
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: tjnamtiw On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 pm

lsayre wrote:
tjnamtiw wrote:I never could understand how we need a unanimous vote in a jury trial to find someone guilty of breaking the law yet SCOTUS can continuously vote along party lines and make new laws that we all are subject to. Shouldn't they also need a unanimous agreement to do something so crucial that affects ALL OF US.


Good point, perhaps they should likewise be unanimous instead of a simple majority. That said, my copy of the Constitution doesn't mention anything about the SCOTUS making laws.


Better said > interpret the laws. By the highest court/last resort interpreting a law or the Constitution a certain way, it BECOMES the law until Congress can actually do something and make a new law! By all means it should be unanimous. How many times have you seen 5-4 votes along party lines or one 'defection' going the other way (Roberts)?
tjnamtiw
 
Other Heating: Sopka Cook stove

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 am

tjnamtiw wrote:Better said > interpret the laws. By the highest court/last resort interpreting a law or the Constitution a certain way, it BECOMES the law until Congress can actually do something and make a new law! By all means it should be unanimous. How many times have you seen 5-4 votes along party lines or one 'defection' going the other way (Roberts)?


2 of the most recent egregious examples, Kelo vs New London and the Individual Mandate.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:50 pm

This is how it will come down, per David Hathaway, a former supervisory DEA Agent.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/davi ... he-bundys/
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: franco b On: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

It has already gotten too much bad publicity for the feds. Too much heat with elections coming up. It will now go quietly through the courts.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: tjnamtiw On: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 pm

How are they going to explain away this mess? Even PETA should be screaming. What a crude bunch of aholes.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1220627/bundy-ranch-cliven-bundy-discovers-blm-mass-cow-graves-graphic-images/
tjnamtiw
 
Other Heating: Sopka Cook stove

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: franco b On: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 am

Two things you can have full confidence in government having is ignorance and stupidity. Terror as a tactic always makes more enemies than it removes.

More and more we see each bureaucracy having its own private Gestapo unit.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 pm

franco b wrote:Two things you can have full confidence in government having is ignorance and stupidity. Terror as a tactic always makes more enemies than it removes.

More and more we see each bureaucracy having its own private Gestapo unit.


And if anyone ever read history about Wounded Knee, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising..etc and yet the House Maj. Leader Harry Reid calls those who opposed the overbearing heavy handed actions by OUR federal Gov'mnt... "Domestic Terrorists".

My heart sinks when I read people like Samhill continue to stand up for the massive expansion and militarization of our local and national LEO to squash any and all means of distension by pure Brute Force. Back in the Day, most Liberals would recoil at the thought, but they've come full circle and would now cheer a Kent State Massacre.

Never forget 13yr old Sammy Weaver running back to his house screaming that they just shot his Dog and was shot in the BACK by a Federal Agent and died just yds from his front door. His Mother a head shot while holding her baby as she walked by the kitchen door by a Federal Agent.
Not one, EVER had to answer to the crimes....but Mr. Weaver "You're free to go" Opsiee!
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 pm

No opsiee.....it was reverse terrorism to send a message to the rest of us.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: The next Branch Dividian or Ruby Ridge in the Offing?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 am

The sad part is the gov Harry Reid types are the ones that are creating the so called " Domestic Terrorists" . The Oklahoma city bombing was a couple deranged individuals retaliating for the Weaver shooting and Waco disaster. The more corrupt this govt gets the more it pushes and corners the people the more they will be targeted by people like that. I do hope we do not see any retaliation for the Bundy's since so far it has been mostly just a stand off of sorts.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer