Interesting view point.

Re: Interesting view point.

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 pm

carlherrnstein wrote:
Jpete I often disagree with samhill's point of view however, I feel that I must point out that his point is valid. Also many times there is no "right" solution to a problem, just varying degrees of good and bad.

While I agree, some things are the "least bad" choice, some things are always right, or always wrong. And I don't think it helps anyone to compromise on those things. Correction, it usually helps someone in D.C. line their pockets but it's bad for pretty much the rest of us.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:51 am

So then Jpete, if I am understanding correctly your solution when you have a problem is to do nothing which is exactly what they do now. Seems to be working. :roll: :nono:
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:28 am

Setting aside the argument that we were never a "Democracy", despite what many won't choose to believe I find it hard to believe that this study was difficult at all.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/87719 ... ium=social
samhill

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 pm

samhill wrote:Setting aside the argument that we were never a "Democracy", despite what many won't choose to believe I find it hard to believe that this study was difficult at all.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/87719 ... ium=social

It starts off pretty good then gets full of tall tales.
"That might explain why mandatory background checks on gun sales supported by 83% to 91%"
Where did they come up with these numbers? Mothers against guns?
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Flyer, I don't put much faith in any polls so therefor don't pay much attention to anything that is so easily controlled. They could be right to a degree on how questions are asked but most don't mind a background check, not talking about taking away guns just being responsible for who they are sold to is all. If that's where you quit reading then I understand why only one talking point.
samhill

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm

samhill wrote:Flyer, I don't put much faith in any polls so therefor don't pay much attention to anything that is so easily controlled. They could be right to a degree on how questions are asked but most don't mind a background check, not talking about taking away guns just being responsible for who they are sold to is all. If that's where you quit reading then I understand why only one talking point.

Nope, read the whole article. Sorry to disappoint you.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 pm

samhill wrote:So then Jpete, if I am understanding correctly your solution when you have a problem is to do nothing which is exactly what they do now. Seems to be working. :roll: :nono:

No. My answer is to do the right thing. You know, don't invade other people's countries. Don't pay people to overthrow governments. And don't steal from the citizens to pay for the other stuff.

It seems simple to me.
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 am

Sadly Jpete, we do need some Gov. & it is costly. Ours is no doubt in need of reform but as with most other things if you travel the wrong direction for too long it takes at least the same to get back to square one. You can't even begin the journey if no one can agree to stop & look for where you went off course. I couldn't agree more about the invasions especially without ever giving thought to paying for them & their aftermath. :(
samhill

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 am

samhill wrote: we do need some Gov. & it is costly. . :(

Some government would be correct. To the tune of about 1/10th of what our current federal government is.

Costly it is, but it shouldn't be. And it's only costly because our elected representatives make it that way.
SWPaDon

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous. Labeled as 'Big Vein', about the size of acorns. Makes a lot of ash, but heats well and lasts longer than my previous coal.

PostBy: tjnamtiw On: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 am

samhill wrote:As I have often said, it's so much easier to point fingers than take some personal responsibility. If we bury our heads & refuse to negotiate & find common ground then quite obviously we will get no where.

It hurts like hell to admit this and I'm as Conservative/Independent as can be and one of Harry Reid's 'domestic terrorists', but samhill actually has hit the nail on the head. At least, as far as Congress goes. The hard-headed corrupt bastards on both sides never get anything done (unless both Houses are in the majority) without compromise. It's all the BS add-ons to get a consensus that hurt us the most fiscally and liberty-wise.
tjnamtiw

Other Heating: Sopka Cook stove